On a much, much more important note I am trying very hard to keep my lowly, slow and stubborn heart in line with my Father's on the date for this baby. I was talking to Kate N. at church and it was good to hear that her baby's three days past due seemed like 3 weeks also.
Part of my issue is just what Melissa talked about last week in that I won't admit defeat, even to my heavenly Father who has more strength to give than any earthly person could. (Even though I am sooo grateful for Bonnie's "earthly" help too!!) I realised last night that I am being so... what word sums it up?... arrogant.
I'm still struggling with details I won't go into but the point is that I just won't give up the idea that my day for when the baby would come (5 days early) was better than my Father's.
I know when I hear myself say this that it is horribly wrong and that my perspective of this is so much smaller than I even know or can appreciate. I know my little perspective on life is like looking through a pin hole compared to what my loving Father sees and has planned.
So, all that to ask that you would pray for me that I would continue to follow Jesus' lead. To follow how he walked in total obedience with such peace knowing his Father was in control.
Control over Lazarus' death, which I'm sure seemed very wrong to many people for those 3 long days,control over every lame person that was left lame as Jesus made his journey's (you know he didn't heal them all) and finally control over his death, I'm positive this was heartbreaking and challenged the faith of the believers then.
Jesus knew and was at peace with only the exact tasks and timing that his Father called him to and I want to live in that same peace until this little one comes.
I don't know any answers to the details that seem wrong but I know that this is one lesson I've been clearly poised to learn. Conviction is a good thing.
Our clan on the move. Cowboy leading the way and bumble bee bringing up the rear.
The loot!
"pleeeeease?"
Dora, requesting a bear rather than candy. :-)
6 comments:
Such a great post, thank you.
Your little bee and cowboy are so cute!!!
I vividly remember where you are. I tried EVERYTHING (almost - I didn't drink cod liver oil) to get that baby out. I love where your heart is on the matter though. It would be so strange if Evie had been born on any other day. It's awesome to know that God has pre-determined exactly where our feet will go and exactly the moment when our feet will hit earth :) And it's also nice to know that we at least know it's God's will for this baby to be born at some point and it won't be inside you forever.
I'll be praying for you! If we have another baby and I go overdue, I'm gonna pull this back up and read your blog. So very true!
BTW, oh my goodness, could your children get any cuter!!!!!??????
I'll be praying for you, Krissy.
Oh Krissy, I remember being there! It's especially hard with a pilot for a husband. You really feel the time ticking when you're husband's time off is slipping away.
Every delivery is different, but I'm guessing it will all go very quickly once it gets going. Don't take too long to get to the hospital!
I'll be praying for you!
Thank you girls, and yes Janelle, that is definitely one of the details I'm working on trusting God with!!!
Kate- I'm there with you on the oils. I just can't seem to be desperate enough for caster oil, even though I know someone it worked for!
Post a Comment