Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oh, the suspense!!

Anyone want to make it a game? Who knows if this will make things feel any faster but maybe more fun. I wish I could find some way of putting a calendar or something on my page but I don't even know where to begin so we'll have to just post comments. Have at it.

  1. Boy or Girl (the heartbeat is slow but my babies were backwards of the old wives tale)
  2. Day of birth (I won't hold it against you if you pick next week...but you won't be my favorite blogging friend.)
  3. Weight (Again, if anyone other than Melissa says anything over 9 lbs, I may have to take you off my blogging friend list. :-) I figure if you've delivered a 9 pounder yourself you've earned the right to guess it.)
  4. Length (Consider the fact that he/she is about 5 inches from falling out and still lodged in my ribs.)

Now, what for a prize? That depends on which one of you wins. If I don't deliver until two weeks from now, you're prize is one standby ticket to Webster City, Iowa to help me with a newborn while the other 3 family members are in a wedding. :-)

On the bright side: John's mom flew in last night so help has arrived!! I can't tell you how helpful she is. She is currently playing grocery store in the basement while I sit here. I love her. And my sister Kelly stopped by last night just to play with the kids outside for a while, so sweet. And then, to top off the evening, Betsy brought by a delicious chicken broccoli casserole for dinner so I didn't even have to think about that. God is good. Why is it so humbling to have help?

Also, This has really made me focus on trusting the Lord's timing and not my own. I know he has the date set perfectly. I just have to keep reminding myself that he is controlling it, not me. I think I depend on my plan way more than I realize. I know he ultimately directs but I don't rest in that, I rest in knowing the routine and plan. Does that make sense? So this is causing me to rest in Him and not in my knowledge of "the plan". I found a verse in Psalms yesterday that goes through lots of the ways he shows his power and one of them was causing the deer to have her fawn at just the right moment. Thank you Lord.

8 comments:

Kimberly said...

This mama don't know nothing 'bout birthing no babies - but I'm gonna take a stab at it anyway!

I predict:

- a girl
- born on Monday
- 6 lbs 9 oz
- 19 inches long

Kara said...

*boy
*tomorrow (Friday)
*8lbs, 5oz
*20.5 inches long

You can send me some cookies.

Kate said...

Boy
Friday
8lb 4oz
19.5 inches

The Talberts said...

Let's see.

I'd like to say a boy because so far you and I are following the same age/gender path for childbearing. However, I really see this babe being a girl.

I'd also like to say next Thursday (sorry! what can i say? i really want you to come to my house for play group!), but I'm going to say .. late Friday/early Saturday.

Weight? Mmmm. Not having any idea how much your other babies weighed, I'll just say .. eight pounds even.

Length? 19.5

Don't you love help in the form of grandmas? It's the best because not only are they babysitters, but they really, truly love your children. Great for everyone!

I'll be praying for you and your family! I hope it's soon, Krissy!

krissy said...

Noni Bonnie guesses:
*boy

*Sat. morning

*8 lbs, 6oz.

*19.5

Kate said...

Even though I think its a boy, I had thought of another name... what about Caroline?

kara h said...

1) Boy
2) Today
3) 8lbs 10oz
4) 20"

I, too, found such comfort in submitting to God's plan for Porter's birth. I frequently reminded myself that the "perfect" birthplan was already laid out for me and all I had to do was wait for the baby to come. No fretting needed. Even while I was in labor that thought just kept coming back to me and even during the painful parts I really was able to thank God for His plan in that moment. It's so comforting in times like this to know that you're not alone!

krissy said...

Ooooh, Kate, I do like that! I'll run it by John. Which he'll love because he finally "made a decision" two nights ago.