This morning as I enjoyed sleeping in on the couch I heard John Patrick come downstairs and start playing with his toys. Shortly later I heard John get Dora from her bed and attempt snuggling with her. Sometimes she'll do this for him. Never for me. But, this must not have been one of those mornings because soon she was sticking her chubby cheeks through the railing of the steps saying, "Hi Mommy! I no daddy!"
When she made it downstairs I heard this conversation take place:
JP- Hi Dory, you wake up?
Dora- Dee da do nee nu (or something close to that)
JP- Yeah? You got your baby? (John brought them each a small toy from his trip)
Dora- Nu noo me da too la
JP- You lost her shoes?
Dora- uh, huh.
Question- How does he know what she's saying?
3 comments:
Can I hire him to interpret for me?
Oh my goodness! So true! Jacob can often tell me what it is that Libby is trying to say. I'll make a guess at something she's said and Jacob will look at me like I've completely lost my mind and say, "No Mama. She said ...." and Libby will confirm by nodding.
I'm glad you're doing a countdown. I was thinking when I read your last post about not knowing the day, you could always do a countdown to the due date. It will be like a game to see if you'll make it to the end of the countdown. :)
he speaks Dora!
Post a Comment