Wednesday, October 22, 2008

One more day

No baby yet.
I have to start all conversations this way right now because every time I call anyone they think I'm in labor.
I like my mom's theory: this is a cozy little one who can hear the chaos of life outside the womb and is smart enough to stay put. Seems reasonable to me.
We went for a walk at the park today which didn't seem to help but was very, very enjoyable. Again, the camera is in the "baby ready bag" so no pictures. John Patrick tried to find a bear but to no avail. Dora just walked/ran her little heart out trying to keep up with us. I love the smell of crunchy leaves and wet dirt from the morning frost. The kids threw some rocks in the creek and we just enjoyed the morning.

Here is another funny conversation that happened in our house this morning:
Dora from the next room-"Mommyyyyyyy, Buggy hit me!!!!"
Me upon entering the room- "John Patrick you know you shouldn't hit Dora."
JP- "I didn't hit her." (Keep in mind he's usually the dependable one right now.)
Me- "Dory, you can't say buddy hit you if he didn't."
Dora to John Patrick with an acquisitive look on her face- "Buggy, you no hit me?"
JP- "No, I didn't."
Dora, very matter of fact- "wow."

This is where I bow out. I don't understand how she could have mistaken being hit but she was good with that answer and he never stopped playing long enough to let any of it bother him so I just chalk it up to one battle I didn't have to mediate. Great parenting strategies from Krissy.

One more question: Has anyone actually had fried green tomatoes. Since it was supposed to freeze last night John picked all the green tomatoes on the plants in hopes that they'll ripen inside but if they don't does anyone have any good ideas?

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I have had fried green tomatoes and they are very tart. So, if you want to fry some up be prepared that they will have a little zing to them.

Kentucky Kate said...

Want me to shake the baby out? I hear it worked for the pilgrims. Here's hoping it comes tomorrow morning, after a long night of rest :)

Jessica said...

I remember those days of starting off conversations with the phrase "no baby yet" you think they would have learned though that if I was actually in labor, I probably wouldn't be the one they would be talking to!

Ashley said...

Fried green tomatoes are yummy. I craved them for a few weeks this summer. Maybe now too since you mentioned them.=)