Warning: If any boys other than my husband read this blog this may be to much for some of you.
I had my midwife appointment this morning and come to find out my due date is Thursday the 23rd not the 22nd. :-) The ultrasound tech made it one day earlier but what I didn't know is that if I know my last day of my last period that is more accurate.
And some great news! I'm almost three cm. dilated, 60% effaced and at +1. So, if any of you don't know what that means, I'll quote the midwife, "wow, this baby is low in your pelvis." To which I replied, "yes, thank you, I know."
While we wait, how about a little story of my day yesterday? I really thought it was going to put me into labor just because of the emotional exercise of the day:
It started off good, I even got a decent night sleep. But then John Patrick decided to poop in his underwear. He doesn't do this often anymore but it was one I won't forget. He had on overalls so that makes things even more interesting.
After getting him cleaned off and in new clothes I go back downstairs to start cleaning the dirty clothes, which now puts my laundry schedule for the day off because that's a whole load of 3 things I didn't plan on, but I can take it. After starting the laundry I check on the kids only to realize that there is poop on the hard wood, no, make that poop all over the whole first floor! He was wearing socks and apparently didn't realize he was dropping poop and tracking it everywhere. You can imagine my joy in thinking about mopping the whole first floor. (Remember the baby suspended in my pelvis?) So I get the kids fed and into naps and get everything mopped and squeaky clean. I figure this can only help put me into labor, right? So after naps when we're all peaceful again I thought it would be nice to redeem the day with some cookie making. I know, to some of you this is not the way to take stress out of a day but my kids have gotten really good at following directions and besides that chocolate sounded really good. So, with eggs, sugar, melted chocolate/butter and vanilla mixed in the bottom of the mixer and flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder on top I told John Patrick he could put the mixer head down so I (and I did say "I") can start it. I'm sure you all see where this is going? He can't control the desire to work the buttons and turns it on HIGH. Flour, cocoa, chocolate eggs and more go FLYING all over my squeaky clean, freshly mopped kitchen... I didn't even have the wits to turn it off right away I was in such shock. After coming to my senses and getting the darn thing turned off I just stare at him, Dora, and I covered in... everything...then I see my whole counter, blinds, floors... you get the idea, basically one/third of my kitchen covered and I just start crying. Which of course causes Dora to start crying, then John Patrick and we all just stood there one messy, sticky, weepy bunch trying to figure out what to do next.
That's basically it. I got the kids scraped off and down stairs for some glorious cartoons and decided rather than clean up I would call my sisters and mom in order to make the situation funny before I tackled cleaning it. I really wanted to take pictures but the camera was upstairs where it has been for 3 days now in the hospital bag, waiting.
I will say this, I thought it was a good idea to guess at the amount of the dry ingredients that went flying and add them back to what was left of the wet just so I could eat cookie dough while I cleaned. :-) What? It helped.
I'm off for a good walk. :-)
5 comments:
Sister, that is worthy of a good cry! I would cry, too!! :) Hope you're day is better and the week ends with a little baby.
I was pregnant not too long ago, so I can totally understand your frustration. I would've been a weeping mess. I'm glad you ate some cookie dough. You deserved it. And I can't believe after all that cleaning and being 3 cm dilated that you didn't drop that kid right on the kitchen floor.
wow! i cried reading about your day... i can't imagine living it. I ditto what Kim said about you ending your week with Baby 3
Ok I've been stalk-reading your blog for a little while now and feel that it is time to come out of the closet! That is such a funny/sad story :) I hope baby #3 comes very quickly for you!
Welcome Paulina! I've been reading yours too. :-) Thanks for the sympathy. I'll add you to my friend list if that's okay. :-)
Post a Comment