Sunday, October 19, 2008

3 days to go!

What do I do when I go past my due date? Start counting negative numbers? :-)I can't hardly believe I will. I feel like this baby is going to just fall out at anytime... who knows.

We enjoyed our first fire last night. It was all we anticipated it being. We were going to roast marshmallows but we had such a late dinner that by the time I cleaned up the kitchen and John had read all the library books we decided bed time was a better idea. :-) After all, we are trying to go to early church and 815am sneaks up on us quickly these days! I did get to enjoy sleeping by the fire as it died out since the couch is my bed. Poor John can't sleep with me in the bed and I'm usually to hot in our bedroom to sleep much so this arrangement works best for me. I can't wait for the first night I get to sleep in my own bed again after the baby. It always feels like a new mattress! Even if I only get two hours of sleep at a time.

I love this picture because Dora is looking at John with such a cute, excited look on her face. Trust me.

One more thing: Dora ate tacos on Saturday night and spaghetti tonight. I guess this is just an encouragement to say "hang in there" if you ever get one of these... types. Not that she eats anything now but that's progress. The funny thing is that I tried so hard to have some "plan" and it turns out "just keep trying" in any way we could seems to be what works. :-)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the mystery baby!! This pic is so, so sweet and something to cherish. There's NOTHING like a loving dad.

The Talberts said...

OOoooh. Your floor is really pretty.

krissy said...

Thanks!
Funny story on that. John picked it out and then I saw what it looked like and I was so afraid I was going to hate it but as soon as he started laying it I loved it!! After this house project I realize John is much better at invisioning things than I am. It's actually quite nice because we have very similar taste.