Friday, October 24, 2008

Good morning poop

I now know the reason I can't have this baby right now: Because my lot in life is 3 year old poop. Since my story on Tuesday a certain little boy has pooped in his underwear one time on Wednesday (luckily it at least stayed contained this time) and then this morning I was awaken but John saying, "Kris, John Patrick took off his diaper in bed and stepped in it and there is poop all over the house." Yes, folks, this time it's in the carpet too.
Does anyone have any advice on this? He is being punished for it at this point. He's well aware that it's wrong but I have no idea what he's thinking. Even though he's potty trained he has never pooped in the toilet. He has though, always waited for a diaper at bed time or nap time. Any ideas are welcome.

On the baby front, I did have some more minor contractions late last night that didn't hurt but were enough to keep me in suspense until 1:30 in the morning. I guess that's progress? At least that's what nice people keep telling me. Thank you to all you nice people.

We're going to play at the play area in the mall so I can walk some more. :-)

Here's a little funny my mom sent me!

2 comments:

crystal said...

Hey Krissy, I know you are more than anxious to have this baby but I think its great that your body is doing all this work before labor sets in. I'm sure it will be a quick one for you. I got to this point with Colin, I was at 4-5 cm and 90% effaced and still no labor. They finally gave me a very low dose of pitocin and it sent me into labor and I asked them to take me off so I could do the rest of labor without the pitocin. It was a short 5 hour labor, I will pray the same for you!

On JP's front, I completely feel your pain. Grant was in the same boat for several months (right down to waiting to poop during nap or bedtimes). We had him out in underwear one time and he just couldn't wait so instead of pooping in his pants, he finally used the toilet. We praised him and told everyone what a big boy he was and he was so proud and realized the toilet wasn't so scary. Is there anyway you could give him so much fiber that he can't wait? Perhaps juice?

We also repeatedly told him that he was in big boy pants and that diapers was for his baby brother. He didn't like being involved with something considered babyish. Good luck!

Kara said...

Oh you poor thing. I wish I had some poop advice. My boys were more terrified of their poop so it rarely escaped a diaper. And if Tommy pooped in his underwear he would freeze, so it was easy to catch. Will he sit on the pot for a while if you put him there? It's so hard to catch them when they poop at different times of day, though.

LOVE the comic, how true!