You may think my title has to do with the weather and our fun outside but really it's just that we're having so much fun around here lately and I want to share it all but it's piling up. Here are a few shots of our recent adventures.
Of course we spent some time enjoying our front hill. The kids are old enough to enjoy a good sledding hill even if it means snow in the face. If you think like I do that Dora's cheeks are delicious, you wish you could see them pink and covered in snow. :-)
John Patrick decided that since we couldn't build an igloo for us he would build one for Spider man and Superman.
Most eventful has been Dora's third birthday. She was soooo sweet in her appreciation of gifts and the special attention she got. She kept saying, "thank you mommy for...." Once she thanked Buddy for the signs on the door and he said, "It was my honor." (There you go Uncle Joe, you did interpret him properly last weekend.
A new dancing dress from Noni that twirls wonderfully!! I love that she prefers to dance to classical music.
Here is Dora decorating what will be the skirt of the Polly Pocket princess cakelets that we made.

PLOW! This girl has no fear.

An angel.

Random picture of BOB for Aunt Kate. ;-)
I wanted to designate a whole post to this one but it's more likely that I won't find the time so here is the BEST Christmas gift I received. (Which is saying a lot because like I said in my last post- I was spoiled this year.) Do you see the lovely pile of stuff on the far left counter top. That is only made possible due to the beautiful new cook book shelf you see here. My husband and brother-in-law built it for me. What do you think- should we leave it open or put glass doors on it?
My best friend and my best Buddy.

Last week we visited daddy at a Louisville hotel with a great indoor pool. My kids think this is one the coolest things about daddy's job. Forget that he can make a 50,000 lb object stay in the air long enough to see passengers safely to their destination.... he gets to stay in hotels!!
Now you can take a deep breath, because I am. Dora's birthday wraps up the celebrations for a while and I'm enjoying watching the snow fall and relaxing a little. As a bonus, my eye growth thingy (nothing serious, just a nuisance) isn't irritated anymore and I can wear my contacts again. I feel like the world is in focus again. I LOVE CONTACTS.
6 comments:
Looks like some fun times! Dora's dance dress is adorable!
We love when we get to get away (even if it's not far)too and go swimming in an indoor pool. What fun!
They come by the snow fun honest, you were always the last one to quit when we were sledding behind the ATV, Pickup truck, or whatever.
Oh BOB how I love thee! Joe was making fun of her at church this morning because Annie was "sharing" her cheerios and Nellie was eating them all! Annie no longer likes o's so she was picking the chex out and giving Nells the O's. Is it still considered sharing if you are giving your friend what you don't like?
that doesn't surprise me at all that Nel's was eating them all. She only wanted to eat half a bottle for breakfast.
I'd leave the cookbook cabinet open.
Hey .. do you mind sharing where you guys stayed? We would love to go on an overnight trip with our kiddos before the babe is born .. somewhere not too far with an indoor pool. Those are the only requirements we have.
It was the Crowne Plaza in Louisville. I don't know how the rates are but it was nice. The pool even had a life guard. I've never seen that before. Do you know Ryan and Tabitha Fultz? I think he still works at a local hotel and can get discounts at that chain all over. I can't remember which one.
Post a Comment