Friday, January 29, 2010

Crushed Potatoes

These are simple and YUMMY. I used small red potatoes. boil until soft and drain

grease your pan - I almost always line my pans with foil for easy clean up


smash using a potato smasher- caution- I was over zealous with the first one and it was hard to get all the potato out of the cracks. Also, I cut the large potatoes in half before boiling but I don't think I needed to.


Brush with olive oil- I considered butter but I'm so glad I used olive oil



-Sprinkle with salt (generously), pepper and rosemary (I used dry)
-Smush all the extras that fell off back into the potato, they will stick back when they bake


Bake in a 450 degree oven on the top rack for 20-25 minutes until they are crispy and goldenly delicious!


I wish this picture turned out better because these don't look half as delicious as they actually are. YUM! These are my new favorite potato.
Only problem- I'm supposed to make these Sunday for a birthday party and I don't think I bought enough potatoes.

I decided I would continue taking pictures of what I hoped to be carrots like Aunt Fay's Apple Cider Carrots. But I didn't have apple cider just apple juice.


Add a little of what I had hoped would make it taste like apple cider- cinnamon, cloves, salt, pepper and a little brown sugar. Results- eatable, but that's all. JP said, "mom, what's in these? it tastes like ice cream."

Dinners ready! Now maybe I should fold laundry so they're someplace to sit?





Good thing this one isn't hard to please. (Yes, her pigtails really looked like that. It suits her.)


**Question: Why does "potato" singular have no "e" but plural it does?**

4 comments:

Pocket said...

So you can keep the long "o" sound at the end. If it were spelled potatos the end would sound like the "o" in "toss." Now, why we don't just spell it potatoe to begin with, like the "toe" on your foot, is beyond me. Same goes for tomato and volcano. It's one of those awesome English rules to which we must all abide.

Sorry, the nerd in me had to jump all over that question! Your POTATOES look fantastic and I will certainly be trying them soon!
Rach

Lee and Candace said...

I'm going to try those potatoes...looks yummy and easy!c

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Pretty new blog look!

Happy Late B-day!

I'm gonna make those potatoes!

s

the mama said...

I just want to eat up the lop-sided pig tailed girl!