Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Day

Christmas morning
Dora making a necklace with her new beads.
JP and "Uncle Jase" playing a game. I don't think there is anything Jason could do to get any more amazing in John Patrick's eyes. After his daddy I don't think even I rank before Jason.
Much of the day was spent listening to Christmas carols and enjoying my favorite apron and my favorite chubby toes while I mixed and measured. I was asking the Lord to help me be peaceful and to enjoy life happening around me. Last year I was a little tired of the kitchen at 10pm on Christmas and I purposed to pay more attention this year and enjoy the day. I'm thankful it was a wonderful day. Sometimes I forget that I love cooking.
mmmm, Challah
We set up one of my fabulous Christmas gifts (a remote for the camera, I was a little spoiled by my wonderful husband this year) and took a family shot of dinner but I think this one is more fun. Never mind my stern face (dishing food is a very strenuous job you know ;-) I love the action going on all around. Don't miss Anella's face as she tries to make it to the mashed potato bowl before I notice. (If you click on the picture it should enlarge it.)

3 comments:

the mama said...

Wonderful!

The Talberts said...

Wow. John Patrick and Dora sit next to each other at the table. I cannot comprehend this. At our house, Jacob and Libby sitting next to each other at a meal would result in something spilled or hair pulled or .. just something. Something bad.

I love your first picture.

Kate said...

When you zoom in on the picture you also notice your lovely necklace!