We went to Sam's today so Dora could potty and so we could have a cheap lunch in between our 327 errands. Instead... I locked the keys in the car (yes, i did) with a child still in it. A certain child who is not amused. A certain child who did not want to unlock the door because they are too tired.
I know, I know, it's my fault that it happened but when a child stares at you through the glass window and then shuts her eyes to sleep- I really really had a hard time being patient.
Instead I called Uncle Jason again... (At his point John Patrick starts jumping around the parking lot pumping his fists in the air, mimicking a super hero shouting, "SUPER Uncle Jason".
I'll admit it, part of my rage could possibly have been the humiliation of having to call for the umpteen time someone who is NOT your husband when he didn't sign up to stick with me through thick and thin, blondness and insanity 'til death do us part. (Poor John didn't know what he was getting into either but he's stuck with me none-the-less.)
Regardless, he came right over. I guess he couldn't really just tell me, "tough luck kid" Although I wouldn't be surprised if he stops taking my calls when he sees my number. But, haha, here's the tricky part: I'm always on someone else's phone because mine is locked in the car...
I digress... I got her out. Yes, she wet her pants, and naturally, Anella had leaked through her diaper.
SO- two hours, two trips to the ladies room, two pieces of pizza, and one new 12 month outfit later we left Sam's.
Mommy's wondering: Do we really need milk? And how much is a library fine these days? Could I wash the dry-clean only from home?
One stop we WILL be making- Ace Hardware for a copy of the car key.
On a better note: we visited the Anchor Storage booth at the convention center downtown last weekend and enjoyed some playtime around the beautiful architecture.


3 comments:
did you 'saturate' something? thats the only photography term I know...
haha, I took out a huge light pole going straight through the middle. :-)
Oh, locking the keys in the car, with a child in there...at least it wasn't running? Winced through that entire story - ugh. Take if from me, library fines are in the 'cast-aside' category! You don't HAVE to pay them until they are up to $10 anyway.
Post a Comment