Friday, September 19, 2008

Wonderful Electricity!!!!!!

YEAH!!!! We're back in this century and I've never been so grateful to Thomas Edison in my life!! :-) I may be a little weakling because I know some of you do some of these things on a daily basis but I don't and I now remember for the most part why!

While I did get a sense of accomplishment and simplicity hanging out my clothes to dry I do not want to do it all the time. I love my dryer! Same with dishes, except I did this growing up so I didn't even really have the sense of simplicity with this one, just wanted to be done. Go at it mom, but I love my dishwasher!! And praise the Lord for hot water!!!! I also can't wait to go buy lots of vegetables for dinners this week. I do love to cook but this week I have a little extra excitement.


When it came back on at 11:30 I was already asleep and the smoke detector scared me but I soon realised by John's exuberant shouting, power had returned. We ran around turning on lights that didn't need to be on, smiling like goof balls and running the dishwasher just because we could!!! We probably made up for any savings we had gained. :-)

Here are some shots of our adventure:


Our staple items, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack... Okay, there were a few exceptions. :-)


Like Wendy's kids meals at the park. My kids were thrilled and I love how they offer mandarin oranges instead of fries. It makes moms like me feel better even though there is close to no nutritional value! :-) At least Dora got something in her stomach, she doesn't like nuggets... surprise, surprise.


JP cramming nuggets into his mouth so he could go play on the playground.


WEEEEEE!!! Isn't the "under doggie" a wonderful classic?


I love this one of Dora, if she's anything it's a climber!!

Spending an evening with the neighbors was also a welcome change. My kids love them even if it is because they spoil them with matchbox cars. :-)

Dora under the laundry web. I had about seven or eight lines hung between the four trees that are grouped in my back yard. It was a fun place for her to play and she couldn't reach most of it to pull it down.

A picnic under a tent with the left over laundry lines. The kids loved this idea, even if lunch was apples, soy nuts and raisins!! :-) .

And now I'm off to heat up a bowl of soup in my wonderful, convenient microwave.

Thank you so much for your kind offers, I know you all meant it and I would have taken you up on some if it would have lasted much longer!

1 comment:

The Talberts said...

Yay! I'm glad you guys are back to normal. Enjoy.