A few nights ago John Patrick left a "whole big mess" in the basement before coming up for dinner. So after dinner I told him to go back down and clean it up before Papa could give him a piece of gum. What JP and I didn't realise is that my husband had cleaned it up already. :-) When John Patrick came back upstairs he said, "Hey, mom, that guy came and cleaned it all up!!" :-)
My Questions:
-Who is "that guy" that John Patrick is referring to? He didn't know his dad did it.
- Where is that guy when I clean up dinner or any other time for that matter!?!
Come back guy!
And an update on picky picky:
I attempted a combination of Melissa and Candace's ideas last night and I really thought it would work. Dora loves baked beans so after ignoring the rest of her food and eating those she wanted "mo" so I tried covering a minuscule amount of manicotti (left-over night, no laughing) in beans and she hit the roof!! Beans had been put on her plate and beans is what she wanted.
So, I put her in her bed for screaming at the table while the rest of us finished dinner. I tried again when she stopped screaming and the same thing happened. :-(
I'll keep trying, it was only once....
3 comments:
I think Dora and Libby must be similarly ... uh .. tempered. While I read that, I was envisioning the same scenario happening at our table. With our daughter. Keep us updated on the progress.
We have a lady who cleans the house when Ben goes to work. While she does that, I lounge on the couch watching soap operas, naturally. Since I first began staying at home, Ben will make messes, I'll give him the evil eye, and he'll cheerfully say, "Oh it's okay! That lady will come and clean it up tomorrow while I'm at work!" If your guy doesn't come back, I'll send my lady over. We'll go get coffee together. ;)
I keep firing the maid for doing such a lousy job.
I think we should all blame it on the church. All three girls go to the same church and they are all having issues. ;)
Ha! Yes, it must be Pastor Brad's fault for teaching us we can't train our children up in the way they should go! Or maybe Margi Petri, aren't they supposed to be teaching them somthing in that nursery now?
It's probably Brad's fault too that my house needs the shoe makers elves to help in the night!
I needed a good excuse for both. :-)
Post a Comment