So, we do have a generator that can run a few things at a time (mostly our upright freezer containing half a cow my uncle delivered last weekend) but it's expensive (gas run) to have to many large items running at the same time so not much time for posting as the computer sucks lots of power.
John Patrick now thinks that all problems in the world are due to down power lines. :-) When he can't have something or someone else he hears of is deprived of a treat he says, "That's because the trees fell on those power lines?" :-)
I'll stick with the list of thankfulness since you can imagine we're struggling with not complaining.
- a beautiful week to be without air conditioning!!
- kids who are adjusting decently (I convinced them that the cold bath was great by pretending it was the swimming pool!)
- friends who live close with power they share
- a generator to keep $650.00 worth of beef from spoiling
- a husband who is encouraging and helpful (as we hang out laundry and wash dishes by hand, gasp!)
- Ramon's Hong Kong Cafe- who gave us our first hot meal with vegetables (since Sun.) last night for dinner. It was the best take out we've ever had. John Patrick ate like a pig and Dora even ate (a few) vegetables.
- I am having a hard time being thankful for peanut butter and honey at this point because we have spread them on everything you could imagine. But I guess without it we would be hungry so, thank you Lord for peanut butter and honey.
- A cell phone!! Our phones were out until yesterday and even still we can only answer our home line, not dial out because it's a fax/phone that needs electric to work. :-)
3 comments:
So your dad can't pull a few strings and get you moved to the top of the list?
If you'd like to come over and shower or use the computer or .. whatever .. you're more than welcome! Maybe I can bring you an already cooked meal? We live so close - it may stay hot between here and there.
Whatever you need, please let me know! I didn't realize that you didn't have power still. I know it's all a little more difficult when you have toddlers.
What a mess! It's good to focus on the positive, but know I'm praying for you and hope your "adventure" is over soon! I'm 5 minutes away - call me if you need ANYTHING. Hot baths, washer/dryer - whatever!
Post a Comment