Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MY NEW NEPHEW!!!


My sisters/brother have had the (wonderful, in my opinion) privilege of having a nephew but this is my first so I'm a bit proud! I was so excited that I even managed to hold back my sarcastic comments about him making faces like his daddy when he kept scrunching up his little nose and wining. :-)

He is the sweetest little guy and Kara only pushed for 13 minutes!!!

I was teaching this morning and I was so distracted the whole time. I flew home, hauled my own two (who were enjoying dry cheerios and drinks with their daddy in front of cartoons, what a treat!) into the car, dropped them at Maria's and booked it up to the hospital. I was able to make it to her door just as his first little cry filled the hallways! I would have loved to have been there sooner but I was thrilled to make it for that part.

Also, for those of you who get excited about this, he took to nursing like he'd been waiting the whole nine months for that moment! 25 minutes strait and then wanted to suck on his fingers for awhile too. :-)

All of this has made me excited, a little nervous and honestly a little exhausted as I watched Kara fall asleep literally about 1 minute after she finished a sentence to me. I went over to take yet another picture and turned around to show her... gonners! :-)
Now if only she could keep out the lady that seems to like to mop every 20 minutes, a girl could get some rest. Honestly, what's with all the nurses saying, so shocked, "You want to go home after only 24 hours!" Of course I do! If you all would actually give me more than one hour of peace I would love to stay but since my blood pressure needs taken every hour here and not at home, I would like to leave!!
Kara and Ben prefer not to have pictures posted on the Internet, which I can totally respect, so being a good aunt, I took one of his toes so we could all see at least some squishy body part.
:-) You'll just have to imagine how velvety soft they are.
Okay, Kate, you're next!! Baby girl Zuerner should be here in less than 4 weeks!!!!! What fun!

5 comments:

The Talberts said...

I scrolled down to see if there was a picture of the babe and then shouted at my monitor, "Just feet?!?". But then I read further and realized that there's a good reason. I guess I'll have to wait to see this little guy face to face. And really - they are cute feet.

Congratulations to the whole family!! I'm so excited for you all.

krissy said...

I know, it kills me to not post some of the precious pictures of him. Really, I did it to convince more of you to take her a meal and see him for yourself!! :-)

Rachael Neal said...

And what about those of us that live 6 hours away. Boo hoo! He'll be 6 years old before we see him! :)

krissy said...

Ooooh, great excuse Rachael!! I'll beg and see what she says! :-)

Kimberly said...

Oh, oh, oh! Little feet, little feet!!! I LOVE it!!!