Sunday, September 5, 2010

That settles it.

I love blogging. I really enjoy keeping up with other mommies and knowing how people are doing in life. It's like my social outlet since my world of being a social butterfly stopped 5 1/2 years ago. But, the one down side for someone like me is that I tend to get jealous every now and then when I feel like one or more of my blogging buddies has it all together and I don't. Or they are so much better at some area of parenting or just life. I'm always so bummed to find out I can't have ALL the spiritual gifts. :-)
Well, I've had three moms in the last month or so who comment on my blog to say how organized and together I must be. hahahahahaha! For most of you this is a good chuckle. But, I want to be encouraging to the rest and to myself that all of us have different gifts from the Lord and we simply can't have them all. We all smell like poop at different times. :-)
SO, I'm going to start postings titled Reality Check every now and then. Not to be a downer just to say, "here we are, plugging away at life and getting a dose of humility often." I hope it's amusing and not Debbie downer.
Love to all you poop smelling mommas.

4 comments:

Kate said...

One blog I follow calls that "Not me Monday" and every monday she says things like "I am so glad Im not the kind of mom who just let my child eat cereal out of the couch cushions and called it breakfast, nope, not me" I love it it makes me laugh.

The reason we think you have it all together is because you do what those of us with one or two children manage to do (and cry over)with 4! You do lovely things like plant pea tee pee's and when you have changed your mind 47 times about coming to a cook out you arrive with HOME MADE YEAST BREAD! Which just states that you have it a little more together than some of us. So share you funny poop smelling stories and make us laugh, and then give us some nuggets of wisdom on how you do it with a happy heart and without a sanity savior coming home every evening!

Pocket said...

Amen, Katie! Krissy, I love blogs for the same reason, especially now that I'm a Mom. They're like a little window into someone else's life and it helps me remember that other people have parenthood stuggles and triumphs every day, just like I do!

Holla to the poopy Moms!

Geeg said...

Never once did I even think of planting a pea pod tee pee. You not only thought of it you did it!!!!!I read your blog in awe and amazement.I have boasted a little bit about all the things my nieces do/with their kids. You 3 amaze me. I did plant 2 trees with Nick-1 when he was about 2 1/2 and one from kindergarten class. Wow thank goodness he turned out ok. LOVE Love the blog. Laughter to tears- you should write a novel. Kate and Lauren also.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

hahahahahaha

Poop Smelling Mommas

The PSM club!

I'm looking forward to those Reality Check posts!

s