Friday, September 17, 2010

obessed?


On John Patrick's first parent night I told the teacher I would love to help out in any way possible. What I didn't say was, "I'll try not to be that mom that has her hand and opinions in everything but I want to be if you'll let me." Then I proceeded to sign my 8 month self up for everything I could while attempting not looking like the over obsessed mom that I am. The next day I called Maria (friend and fellow kindergarten mom) to beg her to trade me anything she signed up for next year in exchange for all of the things I said I would do in October with a 3 week old.


Today we went to the Creation Museum. It was so much fun to see the kids interacting together. I was reminded again what a blessing John Patrick's teacher is. She runs a tight ship and they're days are jam packed with fun learning but she also manages to treat them like 5 year olds. (I'm sure this is made easier by the fact that she doesn't have to take them home at night but still, it inspires me.) Letting them run ahead because the next exhibit is just to interesting to read the sign for this one. Encouraging them to represent the Lord and Cornerstone well and then never nagging them to tuck in the shirts tales that were flapping around because of climbing on a dinosaur. Getting excited with them to see God's creation in the garden and staying right on their level with the concept of sin. And most importantly, getting more excited about the poop in Noah's Ark than the incredible mercy of our God. :-) All in all it was a wonderful morning and I hope I don't get asked to give someone else a turn because I really enjoyed being there. :-)

1 comment:

Pocket said...

Krissy, I would give anything for parents like you! Any teacher worth her salt would never turn down help from a parent. It sounds like JP has a great one!