Sunday, September 12, 2010

Us

I found Anella eating old mashed potatoes from the garbage can this afternoon. I promptly put she and Dora in the tub and left to answer the door... when I returned the tub was full of toilet paper. sigh.... sigh again. My first thought? I'm going to have to bend over a lot to clean that up. (These reality postings aren't going to be too challenging.)

I'm finally achy and tired and willing to be up at night in order to have my ability to bend at the waist back. The only issue is that I've felt so good up until this point. In my past experiences I've had the achey feeling for the last month. But I'm only supposed to have two weeks left. hmmmm.

School is going well and I think we're adjusting. It still makes for a long day and I'm not sure if anyone will see us at any function in the evenings until we get more used to it. We are marching it upstairs at 7pm for baths and teeth.

Teaching Dora is a little amusing. She posseses qualities I long for. She is an instant memorizor. She erases and rewrites letters until she gets them just right, and enjoys it. She views all things in life as school. I'll be reading a magazine and she'll start pointing to the letters we've learned saying, "Look mommy, capital F!" I'm thinking, "Wait. That game isn't in the lesson plan until Thursday." She is her daddy. I'll take the credit for her schooling though. I mean, someone had to show it to her once, right?

8 comments:

Kate said...

Haha! Who would have thought that Dora is her Daddy? And HECK YES you can take credit for it! And enjoy it! If I am responsible to teach our children AND they are anything like me they wont know how to do their times tables and that is just a sad way to live (according to my husband anyway)!

the mama said...

Who gets credit for Nella in the garbage can?

Kara said...

It's kinda like Anella and Anna were twins separated at birth. She loves mashed potatoes, too. He he!

You are achy! The end of this pregnancy is nearing, I am so excited for you!!! Bethany was a week early and I was MORE than ready for her to come out. I love bending at the waist, too. It comes in handy taking care of the other children.

The Talberts said...

I was missing being pregnant the other day and kind of sad that my belly is so squishy. But then I actually got to play with the kids at a playground today and run around a track with them and sit on the floor and play a board game ... there really are some benefits to not being pregnant.

Kimberly said...

That's ok, I found Clay peeling a half dried up piece of banana off the floor and eating it. I guess I had missed it during clean up, but he spotted it behind the high chair and no issues eating it. I threw up a little in my mouth. Just a little. Also, I remember at the end of my pregnancy with Clay I didn't even want to get ice out of the freezer because it meant I had to bend over to get it out of the ice drawer. Or when I woudl drop something and think, "I'll ask Brett to get that when he gets home." Sigh. Just a little ways to go sister! You can do it!

Pocket said...

Krissy! I'm checking your blog every day in the hopes you have a heading like "Baby _____ is Here!" I can't wait! I was also bummed about not being pregnant the other day, seems like I know 400 pregnant people lately. Your post made me giggle and appreciate the ability to see, and touch, my own toes!

Pamela said...

about the toilet paper in the tub-
I have a feeling that at that point in my pregnancies, had it been me, I would've thought 'it is okay to go down a toilet drain, it'll go down a tub drain too'
I really like your blogs.
My baby turned 18 yesterday and promptly went out and bought a crotch rocket. He asked respectfully first, and I couldn't say no just to say no.

krissy said...

Mom, I'll share some creadit with John. He can have all Anella's accomplishments.