Friday, February 13, 2009

Yep, that's it.

For Meeg. (I have to type your name that way, it just flows.) You were asking how we get our words to show up other places. I just download it and then click outside the picture on the top corner and start typing if I want it to show up on the top. Hope that helps.

Happy Valentines Day!!

I heard E. Fitzpatrick call it "the great day of discontentment" once and I thought it was great!! I don't take the "dress in black and come down hard on Hallmark" approach that I used to. To quote Bob Wallace "they found an angle and it worked." Capitalism can use all the help it can get right now. If people want to take advantage of the day to say I love you, that's great. I just remember my husband brings home the bacon daily and last night he read to John Patrick until it was making me tired. There also happen to be flowers still on my table from 2 weeks ago that remind me of his love. As E. Fitzpatrick said, "Our identity as women is in Christ. He bled and died for us. We don't need anything more." Amen and peace with my soul!!!

3 comments:

The House of Schwartz said...

I create my own Valentines day! Not to say that Tony doesn't do things or remember ( he does) But I like to make a special dinner and Dessert that I never make to show my love to my family. Instead of waiting for others to fill my tank. I love doing this. We always have something to do and it doesn't require going out and spending alot of money. I'll shut up now because I am pretty much writing my blog in your comment section!!!!

Kentucky Kate said...

I like that approach too. Not that I dislike it when Eric does something on V-day, but I appreciate it and feel so much more loved if he brings home flowers on any other day. It is amazing how quickly the discontentment can creep in.

Carrie S said...

The little things on every other day always mean so much more than anything on a day when "everyone is doing it".