Sunday, February 8, 2009

Buggy update

As some of you know Buddy got his regular February cold that causes his asthma to be really bad. This time it turned into pneumonia too. One good thing is that his doctor could tell for sure it was pneumonia so we didn't have to go to the hospital for x-rays like in past years. So, he handled the shot well and he's doing okay here at the house. Still wheezing pretty bad but I think he'll be a lot better in a few days.
Interesting fact: Did you know that pneumonia is contagious? His pediatrician said it is.
God thing: We have been praying for "Michael's sister" this week and talking a lot about trusting God even when things are hard. It was really neat to see God working in his brain when he came down with the pneumonia. Nothing major, just learning to trust God. For me too. John had to be gone yesterday so I was trying to call the shots on whether or not my little guy can breath "okay" or if we should go to the emergency room. I don't like deciding these things. And I really, really wanted to play the "poor me" tune in my head that John couldn't have been around to help. But when I let it go and just faced it with God there was a lot of peace to be had. And John came home right in the nick of time. I was literally packing a bag for the hospital when he came in and calmed me down and helped me see that he was going to be okay. :-) Sometimes I'm REALLY glad I'm supposed to submit!

2 comments:

Carrie S said...

Aren't husbands a blessing?! I'm so glad that God designed marriage!

Kimberly said...

I'm so glad that you reached the decision to trust God before John came home, but also so glad that God provided your husband as a comfort and guide! I LOVE how God works like that. I'm SO grateful when my husband helps me! Other than all those times that I'm NOT grateful, but we won't go there!!! ;)