Thursday, August 19, 2010

what's her name

I commented on all of your helpful ideas for naming our precious little one. Thanks everyone!
I really want to get on record Dora's suggestions. I never know what to say because she's as serious as a heart attack and I have to try to respond rationally to:

  1. Rose Toes
  2. Rosie
  3. Pinkie
  4. Pretty
  5. Dora
  6. Ora
  7. Beth (her cousin for those of you who don't know)
  8. Woody (my friend's nick name)

7 comments:

the mama said...

Well let's just go ahead and combine two of them...Pretty Rose Toes it is!!!

The Talberts said...

I didn't comment on the last post. I love girls' names and only got to pick ONE! Sigh. I have always loved Ruby. I saw that one on someone else's list. I think Ben had second thoughts about marrying me when I casually mentioned that I wanted to name my first daughter Pixie Rain. I did eventually get to use Rain, but Ruby and Pixie have been shot down. But here's my absolute favorite, which I have never gotten Ben to really agree to because of its negative connotation, but (ready?): Rogue. I'm banking on either a. you will hate it or b. you will love it and use it and I won't ever have a chance to use it myself anyway because we'd be crazy people to have another baby and if we did, it would probably be another boy anyway.

Pocket said...

I vote for Pretty!

Erin said...

I vote for Woody! :)

krissy said...

Melissa~ hmmm... Rogue... I think I agree with Ben. I don't think it's a bad name but it does make me think tatoos and a wandering spirit. :-) And didn't you already set her straight on the tatoo thing?
I decided to keep a list on Dora's name suggestions because they just keep coming. She's determined to help.

Kara said...

Awww Ruby! Did you ever watch the tv show Christy? Ruby Mae the crazy red head- I loved her! And my mom liked the blond lady named Fairlight... hmmm, that's kinda pretty. :)

Kimberly said...

Seriously, this list is killer. Pretty? Rosie? DORA? I laughed out loud. But, really, Rose Toes - I mean, from her perspective, it's an amazing name. It even rhymes. What's not to love?