Thursday, August 5, 2010

Along the same lines...

(read my previous post to understand this one)

I was reminded today of these lyrics:

"How deep the Father's love for us, how vast beyond all measure, that he should give his only Son to make a reach his treasure. How great the pain of searing loss, the Father turns his face away, as wounds which mare the chosen one, bring many sons to glory!!!!"

Here is the link to hear the whole song. I'm sure lots of you know it. But it's worth taking 3 minutes.

I'm having a hard time with kindergarten. Imagine giving your perfect child for those who despise Him.... no wonder my good works have nothing to do with my standing with God.
(I can't promise my blog won't be along these lines for awhile. It's one of those times for me.)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

great song...one of my favorites. I prayed for you tonight.

Kara said...

Love that song. I pretty much tear up every time we sing it in church.

The House of Schwartz said...

I am told they had to peel me off of my mom the first several days of Kindergarten. I will pray it goes better for you:) Or that they don't have to peel you off of J.P. LOL

Sally said...

I can relate to all the flux of emotions related to kindergarten. I felt (still feel) all those too, especially with my baby girl starting Kinder. THe one who Drs. told me I should ABORT at 19 weeks because they THOUGHT I had water had broken prematurely. I still cry when I think of all the Lord has done in our Sarah FAITH.

By the way catching up on your posts I read the one about John Patrick loving soldiers. I've got a book you will love called Teddy's Button by Lamplighter Publishers. All their books are great and this is one of our favorites.