Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Nella's new do and Dora's wedding

This weekend John suggested (jokingly) the reason Anella is a little on the wild side is because she sees most of her life through the veil of her own hair. (I decided her new nick-name is Crash.) So today I sucked up my love for long hair on girls, cut some bangs and trimmed the scraggly ends. I can't say that I love it but it's just hair. If you ever wondered what my little sister Kelly looked like as a kid now you know. Anella looks just like her. I wish I had a picture to post of Kel.
Dora did her flower girl duties over the weekend. She refers to the event as her wedding. I think I'll start hiring her out. She is SO serious about it. You've never met a flower girl who can lay flowers down and isle as straight and perfectly even as she can. She even started to clean them back up into her basket during the processional.

The whole thing was a dream come true for her. The rehearsal dinner where she got to practice with fake petals. The dinner with her own place setting and cloth napkin folded like a flower. And her own blue dress that, "matches the princesses". (bridesmaids)
Proud siblings. Not much else to report from kindergarten. He thanks God for school at dinner time but told me at bed he didn't really like the "work part". :-) I get random stories here and there which is like torture. I want a full rundown on the car ride home but he isn't having any of it. So, I wait patiently for something to trigger a story he wants to tell. Bedtime seems to be a good time for information. Maybe he just wants to stay up later. If so, it's working.
**Pregnancy update~ nothing graphic but you men may want to just call it a wrap now.**
I went to the midwife yesterday and she said I'm 1/2 a centimeter dilated. I laughed and said, "You have to say at least that to any woman or she would start crying in your office!" Anyway, I'm still 3 1/2 weeks away so I figure it doesn't matter. I don't remember even knowing at 36 weeks with the last 3. I think maybe I'm having braxton hicks contractions but I never did with the first three so I can't really tell. Anyway they don't even feel close to a regular contraction. Why are they even called that? I also told her my other babies were posterior (facing the wrong way) and I wondered if she knew if this one was. She said smiled and said, "yes, I think she is." great. prepare yourself tail bone. (sorry men, but I warned you.)

9 comments:

The Talberts said...

I'd say 1/2 cm. is great for having over three weeks left!
Enjoy the time.

Kimberly said...

I was 1 cm at 36 weeks and stayed there until 40.4 weeks. :) I cried EVERY time I left the office except that first time. LOL! BTW, I always thought Nells looked like Kara, but now that you mention it WOW does she look just like Kelly!!! You're right, mmomma!

the mama said...

Alexis, Aubrey, Molly, Maeve, Candice

Kate said...

Ummm Maeve? What the heck? I like Molly and Aubrey. What about Rebecca/Becca? I still Love Tess/Tessa too!!!!!
You need to spend all your time on your hands and knees get that girl to flip over, your tailbone your daughters face and your nurse will thank you :o)

Geeg said...

Alexa Tessa like those. Pink?naw Sophia gets my vote. Yes, I think that is what I will call her regardless. Sophia LynnE to be exact.

kara h said...

Everybody's got to have at least one INSANE relative that refuses to call a child by her given name. I guess we've found ours.

Nells looks exactly like Kel. That's hysterical. Maybe she'll live in a bubble, too!!

krissy said...

Aubrey is pretty.

Erin said...

I like Aubrey and Tess. I can't get over Anella's hair. She looks like such a big girl. :-(

Geeg said...

I get that from the MOMMY of "Portman-PortPort-EB-Beth-Bethers" ????????