Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Infatuation and some tips for life

I haven't been blogging much because I'm not interested in scaring all of you off with my hormonal sob stories over kindergarten.

Instead, we'll focus on my children's infatuation with frogs, k?
(I'll admit it, they get it from me.)
What is there not to love about this guy? (It helps the shot that there was a neon orange Frisbee on the picnic table behind the plant.) We've had a strange amount of tree frogs on our back patio this year. SO FUN!!
They are all kinds of colors and stick to everything!
This guy (North American Grey Tree Frog) could change colors like a chameleon.
I don't know if you can tell... We had royally ticked him off by the time I got my camera out.
Take my word for it though, when we found him he was a cool light green. Like army camouflage. It was really neat to watch!


I'm ready for my close up Mister Demille. (what in the heck is that from anyway?)
Here is my view of my feet these days~ I'm very excited to meet little What's-her-name. What? You don't approve of that name? Then lets go people!! Some baby naming website says my naming genre is "retro classic" so start cranking out the suggestions. I'm thinking of a cash prize for the winner. Just kidding. My husband might not agree.
And now, onto tips for life. Nothing earth shattering.
  1. If you can't take the heat, stay inside and pretend like my kids to be living with polar bears.
2. Or else get out the sprinkler... your grass will thank you.

Lastly, a precious story about John Patrick that I don't want to forget.

Last Thursday we went to a little baseball birthday party for a friend of John Patrick's. There were about 4 little boys around 5 years old all chasing each other around with stick guns and sliding down dirt mounds. Right in the middle of flying by the moms JP diverts just long enough to yell "Here mom!" and cheerfully hand me a squished Queen Anne's Lace wild flower. It's a good thing I was in a crowd of people with a grumpy little girl to distract me. There would have been tears.

17 comments:

Pocket said...

Catherine
Estelle
Adeline
Caroline
Clara
Eleanor
Lillian
Olivia
Sophie/Sophia
Victoria
Violet

aaaaand that's my short list!

Kate said...

I was laying awake last night and decided on

Caroline
Ruby
Janelle
Joy (she will be blond with curls like you)
Meredith
Avery
Faith
Brynn (My favorite)
Celia (0r cecilia but you will have to be ready for the nickname cissy)
Delaney
Lena (lee-na)

Then there is always Kayleigh :o)

Betsy said...

...Sunset Boulevard...

Names...
Esther
Samantha
Charlotte (Charlie)
Liv
Delilah
Ruth
Cordelia

Kara said...

My best friend wanted me to use Cordelia, so I like seeing it on your list. It's so Anne of Green Gables!!!

I haven't been blogging either because everything makes me cry. I've never had baby blues, but I think this is it.

Kate said...

Ummmm Liv Livingston... nope sorry I veto that one :o)
I did think of Charlotte though! I LOVE it and I LOVE Charlie too, that was on our list up until the very end. I love Ruth... little Ruthie Livingston!

Kimberly said...

It's a good thing you're due before me because if I'm having a girl I'm coming back to this list. :) These are great!

kara h said...

Geez, Rach. Where were you when we were trying to name Porter? If your boy list is half as long as your girl list we'd have been in good shape. As it was Porter was the first and only name we ever liked and so it was more, "Good, let's stop talking about it" than anything else!

I'm down with basically everything Rach said. I LOVE Charlotte/Charlie. I'll add Eliza and Ava. I like Lena a lot too. And obviously I'm down with Cordelia. Then she and Annie can be best friends and my life will be complete. Although someone would need to have a Diana... which I don't really like.

No Cissy's, thank you very much. gag. Oh, and I'm not a fan of Kayleigh b/c it's too... prosaic. It doesn't belong with such poetic names like Dora and Anella. (That's right, I said prosaic. Look it up.)

the mama said...

Eliza, Ruth, PAMELA, Meredith, Deborah, Mary
I think I'll get out the family tree and see what I can find. Oh, I just remembered Fern?!!! Giggle, remember that?

the mama said...

Veronica, Victoria...I've always like Tori - although Tori and Dori might be challenging!

Geeg said...

Charlotte/Charlie is great. Charlotte LynnE is good. Sophia is perfect. Sophia LynnE Livingston. Dora-Anella-Sophia works. Marissa. REGINA. Dora Nella Gina what a good idea!! Please no Cordelia. Sophia gets my vote.

Geeg said...

Does the mamma remember Ruthie Cook? No Ruthie-it would cause Grampa to have nightmares.

Geeg said...

Is it pronounced Leedashna?

the mama said...

HA! Ruthie Cook! Now THAT is funny!
We've had a couple of sane Ruth's in our life since Miss Cook so the name is not forever tainted.
My granddaughter, La-a....Ben would forever call her LaMinusa.

krissy said...

WOW! Can't blame it on you all when she still doesn't have a name the first day! Thanks! Even Geeg commented!
So let's see...
Rach- Adeline is precious but I'm not fond of Addy. Violet is adorable too.
Tate- Joy and Meredith have been on my lists with all the girls. I love them. And Miriam, which is like Meredith to me.
Betsy- Ester and Ruth are adorable and Cordelia is a WONDERFUL thought but not the greatest name in real life. I mean if Anne thought it was great, it's probably a bit over the top. :-)
Geeg- tadasha!! haha!
Thanks everyone!!

krissy said...

I just thought of one more thing my sisters will appreciate~ Esther is adorable and we could call her Essie! (one of my nick names growing up)

Pocket said...

I LUUUUUV Esther, thought of using it for Sylvia's name but it was vetoed by the hubs.

I like Charlotte, but I don't like the nickname Charlie or Char. It's the same reason I don't like the nickname Tori for Victoria - those two names are way to pretty for nicknames. I once had a student whose mom called her Tori, but I called her Victoria (her real name) all year because it was just too darn beautiful!

Good luck, Krissy! You're going to need it! I can't wait to see what name you land on!

Pamela said...

how about Maeve? I think its an Irish or Welsh version of Mary. Or Bridget? That was Grandma Dora's great Grandma's name (from Ireland), they called her Biddy. sorry I am a little late with the comments. Just figured out how to respond to your blog without emailing you. This morning before I read your blog I was thinking of Meredith. I see it is already there. I also like Erin.