Monday, June 28, 2010

Just thoughts

  • I went from hardly feeling pregnant to feeling very pregnant in about 9 days.
  • I cancelled my Facebook account because I can't justify the time. Besides, the only people I don't hide the status of are my good friends that read this blog and I read theirs.
  • My kids have a new hobby of collecting "junk" off the floor of whatever store we go into and making crafts out of it when we get home. I have gasped a few times and said, "GROSS, put that down!" But honestly, I just keep my sanitizer handy and stay thankful that they are concentrating so hard on the ground. :-)
  • I asked a lady at Kohls if they had any maternity bathing suits and she said she thought that girls these days just wore the regular bikinis that everyone else does. ha. right. It was time to go anyway. .
  • We are about one day away from our first zucchini which means when we get back from visiting family we will come home to zucchini the size of my leg.
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE sleeping through storms at night. John has a hard time because growing up in Iowa when it sounds like tornadoes outside their probably are. I try to encourage him, "this is Ky honey, go to sleep."
  • Anella has learned how to buckle half of her car seat by herself. So I am two clicks away from saying, "Get in the car." and then just getting in myself. For three months. :-)
  • I'll leave you with a great snippet from The Valley of Vision "While Jesus is representing me in heaven, my I reflect him on earth, while he pleads my cause may I show forth his praise... Thou hast lead me on and I have found thy promises true, I have been sorrowful but thou hast been my help, fearful but thou hast delivered me, despairing but thou hast lifted me up."

6 comments:

Pocket said...

Oh my gosh! I never thought about the freedom of one day saying "Get in the car!" Just one more exciting milestone to anticipate! Hooray!!

Good idea on nixing your FB account. If it didn't make it so darn easy to communicate with my giant family far away, I'd cancel mine, too. (Shh, don't tell.)

Kate said...

What on EARTH are they finding on the floor and how did they decide to make art out of it?
There was a kid laying on the floor in Kroger the other day and when his dad yelled at him (embarrassingly loud) he said he was looking for pennies! Ewwwwwwww!

The House of Schwartz said...

Anna still collects the twist ties at the grocery and makes little animals out of them while we walk around. It never ends :) I love storms too! Tony does not. I will help you eat any leftover zucchini legs! I cannot believe you thought that wearing a bikini at 7 months didn't sound like a good idea.... Facebook drives me nuts too but most of my family communicates that way. Oh well. Isn't buckling half of a carseat good enough? Heck we slept in sleeping bags in the back of our station wagon for many years. Just kiddin'. I love the thought of Jesus currently representing me in Heaven. Thanks for the thought. :)

krissy said...

Kate, a penny would be cause for celebration. they mostly collect small scraps of paper, colors are the best. Hobby Lobby is a real treat because there are random feathers and plastic leaves. Kohl's is a real drag and I caught JP ripping "cool" tags off of clothing. I had to nix that. Dora made some kind of a wind chimeish thing yesterday. :-)

Meeg, you're hysterical.

The Talberts said...

I have a maternity bathing suit (two, actually) that you are welcome to use, if borrowing bathing suits isn't totally weird to you. Speaking of weird borrowing, I still have Dora's underwear that Libby borrowed when we were at your house. I need to get those back to you. ;)

Oh man. Jacob and Libby can now buckle themselves in and Eli also can get about half of it himself. I am trying to teach Libby to buckle Oliver in so all I have to do is set him in his seat, reach over to help Eli with his second half while Libby works on Ollie, and we can go. Multiply that times however many places we go and .. sheesh. Makes me sort of want to go take a nap.

Betsy said...

re: point 2...some of us don't have blogs, so I guess that just means we will have to actually catch up in person! By the way we still have a Panera date and a Reds game to schedule...