Tuesday, June 15, 2010

An average rutabaga

Little Mia is bigger than that I just thought it was funny that the website that sends me updates on my growing girl in-utero describes her this week as "the size of an average rutabaga".

Although, as you can see, little Mia is probably about the size of a large rutabaga. (Okay, I don't have any idea how big that is but she can't be much larger.)



Oh how I love the neck wrinkles. It makes me want to sit and snuggle her all day. I get to see her again Thursday so I'll have to wait. She was mad at me for unwrapping her. :-) Here's the famous cheek dimple.

This morning as I was praying through an old Puritan prayer, I was convicted by this,

"There is one thing that deserves my greatest care, that calls forth my ardent desires. That is that I may answer the great end for which I am made- to glorify thee who has given me being, and to do all the good I can for my fellow men... Most men seem to live for themselves, without much or any regard for thy glory, or for the good of others..."

I was just thinking this weekend about how much of my day is spent thinking to myself. Too many selfish thoughts. Sometimes my calling as a mom of little ones calls me to be unselfish but doesn't necessarily cause my mind to respond in joy. Especially in times where I'm weary of John's job and our schedules.
So, instead of just trying real hard today, we decided to go and kidnap some friends from their momma for a little while and give her some time with her new born. Not that she's a mom that would complain it just popped into my head and I think it was one of those "just do something" moments. Plus I was a little excited that we finally have a vehicle that will haul all of them. So a good time and lots of high fructose corn syrup was had by all. Don't tell Ria.:-)

9 comments:

Kate said...

I love my wrinkle baby! I can't wait till you come take pictures thursday! And I love the word "ardent" mostly because Mr Darcy uses it in Pride and Prejudice :o)

the mama said...

Ahhhh....Darcy! That's my vote for this baby name!

I think I'll find a picture of you and Reemer at this age! Multigenerational friends have to be the best!

krissy said...

Mom, Darcy has been on and off my name list multiple times. Probably not a great sign. :-)

Kimberly said...

I love Darcy. :) I love that you just did something. :) I love that you have a van - post a picture of it!!! :)

The Talberts said...

Oh my goodness. Sweet, sweet baby pictures. I bet she smells so good. I think she just gave me baby fever. Again.

Off topic, but do you think John Patrick would like to come over and play some day? Jacob was so bummed out that he didn't get to see him today. I don't have any extra seats, or I'd come and get him. But if you're ever out this way and you think he would stay, he would be so welcome to spend some time here!

krissy said...

awe, I'm sorry Jacob! I was thinking of him when I made the decision not to come. Hoping you didn't tell him we would be there. I know how John Patrick would have felt. I didn't even tell them because I knew we may not make it. Turns out I was late to the 330 appointment so it's a good thing we didn't try to squeeze it in.
He would love to come over. I'll get back with you about next week sometime.

The Talberts said...

Oh man. I did tell him. You'd think I would have learned enough after my several years of mothering to not get my kids' hopes up unless I'm certain about something. Totally my fault. It was worse, though, when another friend pulled up in a minivan that I didn't recognize (I wasn't expecting her to come) and I just automatically assumed it was you guys in your new van and I was like, "Look Jacob! John Patrick!" Totally uncool. When three under-four kids (you know .. babies) climbed out, I thought Jacob was going to cry.

Anyway. I have something going on Friday, but I think any other day is wide open and I will be sure to wait until you guys are here to tell Jacob. Ha. ;)

Kay said...

Good timing on the post. I guess my attitude towards Brian's crazy work schedules has been anything but joyful =0(

krissy said...

I know Kay, it's hard sometimes.