... you can click on the pictures to see a larger version if you want to (mom). It's worth it on the tubing shots.
Oh, wonderful lake house.... how we all miss thee! Dora and John Patrick miss the constant entertainment and beating their mom at pin ball. Mommy misses days full of playing and relaxing with no piles of anything to seem more urgent than taking a walk or coloring. And poor Nels. poor poor Nels. She just misses John's mom. She walked around the house for a few days saying, "Noni? Noni?"
The plane ride was uneventful for the most part. John Patrick and Dora were thrilled to find out they had their own row all to themselves. Anella was on the brink of disaster most of the time but I managed to divert her attention with something every time she would start pulling at her seat belt and saying, "ALL DONE! NO BUCKLE MOMMY!"
An early morning on the dock.
funny faces

Waiting outside while Grammy and Papa took a tour of the John Wayne birth place.
Visiting the site where Papa Pat will soon have his very own brick on the John Wayne memorial sidewalk!

I never knew what an overly protective mother I was until my babies rode the tube all by themselves. As you can see they had a wonderful time and were completely thrilled with it. I worried the whole time. John reminded me they are wearing life vests and they will have to fall out at some point in their life. The funny thing is that I LOVED tubing as a kid and being flung all over the lake as fast and far as possible. I'm getting old.
Dora obviously loved it.

Anella pouted the whole time about being left on board.

Firecrackers
Anella was good with being left out of the sparkler fun since she had a homemade ice cream sandwich to keep her happy.

And back home with our large zucchini. I've made sweet pickles, zucchini bread, zucchini pancakes(like hash browns), fried zucchini, sauteed green beans, and I'm waiting not so patiently for some tomatoes. Do you all have tomatoes already? I'm beginning to worry that they are going to rot before they turn red. They've been green on the vine for over 3 weeks.

Lastly, I went to the midwives today and was told by a doctor (who never introduced himself except to say that Christy was in a meeting so I could wait for the meeting to be out or see him) that I was gaining a little too much weight and i needed to make sure I take my glucose test to make sure I'm not diabetic. Then he checked for swelling around my ankles when I told him I didn't have any and he said it wasn't too bad.
An early morning on the dock.
funny faces
Waiting outside while Grammy and Papa took a tour of the John Wayne birth place.
Visiting the site where Papa Pat will soon have his very own brick on the John Wayne memorial sidewalk!
I never knew what an overly protective mother I was until my babies rode the tube all by themselves. As you can see they had a wonderful time and were completely thrilled with it. I worried the whole time. John reminded me they are wearing life vests and they will have to fall out at some point in their life. The funny thing is that I LOVED tubing as a kid and being flung all over the lake as fast and far as possible. I'm getting old.
Dora obviously loved it.
Anella pouted the whole time about being left on board.

Firecrackers
Anella was good with being left out of the sparkler fun since she had a homemade ice cream sandwich to keep her happy.
And back home with our large zucchini. I've made sweet pickles, zucchini bread, zucchini pancakes(like hash browns), fried zucchini, sauteed green beans, and I'm waiting not so patiently for some tomatoes. Do you all have tomatoes already? I'm beginning to worry that they are going to rot before they turn red. They've been green on the vine for over 3 weeks.

Lastly, I went to the midwives today and was told by a doctor (who never introduced himself except to say that Christy was in a meeting so I could wait for the meeting to be out or see him) that I was gaining a little too much weight and i needed to make sure I take my glucose test to make sure I'm not diabetic. Then he checked for swelling around my ankles when I told him I didn't have any and he said it wasn't too bad.
breath....
breath....
deep, long, breaths....
one more time Kris , your kids are sitting right next to you....
I wanted to slap him and say that I don't see the doctors in his practice for a reason, but I didn't. He was lucky.
He then asked if I knew what gender the baby was and when I said girl he said, "oh, well." without even a crack of a smile. I almost RAN out of that office.
I've only been to the midwife three times anyway because I have a self diagnosed abhorrence of all things medical. Does that even make sense? I dislike being treated like I can't trust my husband and might have an STD. I dislike being identified by my birth date. I dislike making appointments where I show up on time, first thing in the morning with three kids just to find out the midwives don't even come in until 30 minutes after my appointment was scheduled.
I'll save you the rest. I could go on for a really long time.
I really really like remembering my saviour knows the number of hairs on my head and my every thought. I'm reminded every time I go to the doctor that Jesus is a WONDERFUL physician!
I can't promise I'll be back to the midwives office anytime soon. I feel good, I feel the baby moving, I'm not high risk... I made two appointments in the next four weeks. I might have something come up for the first one. Quick, someone schedule a play date.
6 comments:
I will take uneventful plane ride any day!
Wonderful pictures and of course, I clicked on each and every one of them.
Since you only go to 1/2 the OB visits that other folks go to, might you consider visiting a group a little further away from home - but you LIKE?
haha, good thought mom. I have a hard time even imagining such a thing can be found.
Mama is right! That dr. is downright horrible! I really want to watch that movie that Melissa posted about- The Business of Being born. I couldn't believe the trailer to it. Our hospital never pressures me to get drugs or whatever, they just let me be. For that I am grateful, I like to wimper my way through labor.
Wow, I didn't realize you were so far along. What an awful experience with the Dr. And to think how much you have to pay to hear their kind comments.
Looks like you guys had a great trip! The tubing looks like so much fun.
Oh, tell Kara to PLEASE watch The Business of Being Born and/or to read Your Best Birth (a book about making the movie). It's the reason I chose a practice of midwives and decided to have a natural childbirth. It's an amazing movie, if you can get over the fact that it was made my Ricki Lake!
I'm sorry you're having a bad experience with your dr/midwives' office. In my opinion, finding the right prenatal care for you and your family is the most important part of being pregnant. We searched high and low to find a midwife and a hospital that aligned with our views of pregnancy and labor, and yes, they were a little farther away than all the other hospitals in our area, but it was worth it. However, since you've clearly GIVEN BIRTH before, you can rest assured knowing what you already know - you're a completely normal and healthy pregnant lady!! Good luck, I'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment