Thursday, May 13, 2010

What the.....


I made the seriously stupid decision to browse a "what to wear during pregnancy" post on a maternity website where I track the baby's growth.
Wow.
Legging's?
Not that I've ever been on the cutting edge of style but I would rather wear a table clothe with a hole cut in the middle for my head. What about my rear end doubling in size screams "put me in some leggings"? And the thighs on that manikin... I won't even go there. I have so many more things to say but I'll spare the 2 or 3 men who sometimes follow my blog. :-)
Oh and just in case you love that top and can't live without it, don't worry, it's a meager $245.00 at Pea in the Pod.
I was thinking of posting something about life around here but this just seemed so much more amusing.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Wow. I saw t-shirts in Macy's for $25 and thought that was ridiculous. I absolutely hate looking at maternity clothes anymore. I hate the whole LOW CUT neck on most of them. So not convenient for a mom of 5.

Pocket said...

Okay, I did wear leggings when I was preggo, but never with a shirt that short! I wore them under dresses instead of tights because they were more comfy and I had one long, baggy sweater dress that looked adorable with my leggings and made me feel like I was in my pajammy-jams all day! That outfit? Never in a million years.

krissy said...

Kara~ I know the whole low neck line thing has to be created for the first time moms who are excited to have big boobs.
Rach~ So funny, I actually thought of you because I think you posted a picture of yourself in a dress with leggings. It's a whole different story if you're brave enough to go out showing off your tushy in them, don't you think?

The Talberts said...

haha. Obviously they couldn't find a real life pregnant model who was crazy enough to put on those leggings.

And yes! The whole low-cut maternity shirt thing? Sheesh. Between that and the no-panel maternity pants that are so en vogue right now but will not stay up past a certain point of my pregnancy, I end up showing a LOT of my pregnant self every time I move in maternity clothes.

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I wore leggings way back when I was pregnant with my first. Maybe I even continued to be foolish and wear them with the second... Ugh!