
We seem to be going a mile a minute around here.
From friends and family visiting to the looming garden and grand plans I have for about 75 bulbs and new flower beds I want to create. The things that I want to enjoy are starting to pile up and weigh on me instead of be a joy. BUT...
...because John Patrick walked in on my meltdown and tears we got to have a conversation that I would like to think was as helpful to him as it was to me. He said, "what's wrong mama?" and gave me a hug. We talked about a conversation I had with them a few days before about all things being for the glory of God. Whether we go to the library or stay home, if we're eating lunch or playing with friends, we can be bringing Jesus glory for what he's done on our behalf. BUT... our conversation that day was mommy admitting that sometimes... often times.... it's very hard to remember my heavenly home and not let the urgent matters of right now strip me of joy. .
So, now I'm going to say thank you for "grace unending strong and true" and that my Anchor never went anywhere and we'll attempt to slow down around here. We'll get the same amount accomplished as before but hopefully with a little less irritation and a lot more peace.
Colossians 1:19-20
For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through through the blood of His cross, through Him"
Off to make dinner for a precious new little baby Sam (well, for his family). Maria and Ben had their little one Sunday night around 10pm and all went beautifully.

1 comment:
I think mother's tears are often for the instruction of the little ones. How wonderful that you made such good use of yours.
Those photos are great!
Post a Comment