Better start off with the most important shot. A picture of little Sam Davis, my friend Maria's little boy born on Sunday.
I remembered to take a picture of the pita bread I told you about recently in my Falafels post. I can't say enough about this stuff. It is my favorite bread recipe right now. For dinner this night we filled it with chicken salad.

Our first strawberries have arrived!! We're amused by the funny shapes. Dora said this one looked like underpants. :-)


This is one of my favorite arrangement of cut flowers from my yard. It makes me smile every time I set a fresh glass of them on my table.

Nella was a little under the weather last week. Between teething and immunizations she wasn't a happy camper. Not to mention this was her first morning without Noni. Might as well just lay around all morning. I gave her a newborn bottle with some Pedialight in it and she thought she was cool stuff. She laid there for almost three hours and then took a looong nap at 11am.
I remembered to take a picture of the pita bread I told you about recently in my Falafels post. I can't say enough about this stuff. It is my favorite bread recipe right now. For dinner this night we filled it with chicken salad.
Our first strawberries have arrived!! We're amused by the funny shapes. Dora said this one looked like underpants. :-)


This is one of my favorite arrangement of cut flowers from my yard. It makes me smile every time I set a fresh glass of them on my table.

Nella was a little under the weather last week. Between teething and immunizations she wasn't a happy camper. Not to mention this was her first morning without Noni. Might as well just lay around all morning. I gave her a newborn bottle with some Pedialight in it and she thought she was cool stuff. She laid there for almost three hours and then took a looong nap at 11am.
Tart Cherry Pie
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 6 cups canned sour cherries, drained (NOT cherry pie filling) you probably need 3 cans but I have used two cans before. I don't think it's actually 6 cups but it has worked just fine.
- 1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 recipe of your favorite pie crust
Set oven to 500, mix all ingredients and add to pie crust (I have always drained about 1/2 cup of excess juice for fear that it will over-flow) cover with top crust, brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar. Place pie on baking sheet, lower oven to 425 and bake until top is golden- approximately 25 minutes, rotate baking sheet and reduce oven to 375 bake until crust is deep golden brown, 30 minutes longer. yummmm!



5 comments:
I'm just catching up on your blog - so congratulation on expecting a girl (I, for one, am very partial to girls) and my name contributions (so far) are: Autumn or Faith.
thanks Janelle, we had Autumn on our list per your suggestion when I was pregnant with Anella. We both like Hope which is close to Faith I guess. :-)
According to some baby name poll I took, my style in names is considered retro/classic. ha!
I remember you saying baby names is one of your favorite things to think on so keep them coming!!!
Krissy, Just catching up on your blog too, I'm a blogging flunkie so I don't post or read to much these days.
Can't wait to meet Mr. Sam. So adorable!
I know how you feel about feeling to have so much to do. Your post really spoke to my heart--I planted over 200 bulbs today and my back is killing me not just that, but I was so into my little project I neglected the kids and was not very nice.
Thanks for your encouraging words!
I really wanna be a pita bread maker! Or maybe I just wanna eat some chicken salad out of a fresh pita --- yes, that's it.
OK, 'pinks' and _____ ? What is that lovely purple-y blue flower?
AND I got to eat one of the berries from the strawberry plant you gave in the plant exchange. It was sunshine warm!
S~ The blue one is the same thing that's around Kate's mailbox. She said you know what it's called. And I have lots if you want some on the 11th. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
I'm so glad the berries still turned for you. All of my flowers from that day are doing great! I'm so happy. I was sure I would kill them all.
Post a Comment