Strawberries, yeah!
It's time for a bullet update. Mostly because I've been surprisingly out of things to post lately. Or to busy to upload photos.
- I'll start off with the most brain sucking, mind fuzzing things around here lately so I can move on and not whine about it the whole time~my allergies are driving me BATTY!!!! As in~ shut the door as fast as I can when the kids come inside from outdoors, run from my car to the grocery entrance with the kids saying, "why are we running mommy?" and stare longingly at my new blackberry bushes that I was so excited to plant a short 5 days ago. ugh. I even had to call my mom on the way to her house today just to say, "we're on our way, could you shut your windows." I feel like such an invalid. And just for the record, my sister having debilitating kidney pain really makes all this whining seem ridiculous. So I told her today, "darn your stupid kidneys, I really want to whine!!!" (If you don't know my sister, rest assured she laughed hysterically at this.)
- BUT~ I did get some lettuce, radishes and peas planted before the old allergies got really bad. The peas are what will soon be growing up all around that tee pee you see above. The kids are so excited to be able to play outside and have a snack of fresh peas whenever they want. Just reach up and pick a snack from your wall. Come to think of it, this is the only thing our hide out when I was a kid was missing. I wouldn't have had to come in at all when we were attempting to run away. :-)
- Anella has found her voice and isn't afraid to use it. wow. That girl has some lungs. Whether it's singing take me out to the ball game or screaming for her daddy when he's 23,000 feet above her, she'll make her point known.
- I've officially entered the "don't fit into anything but won't look pregnant for another month and a half stage". At least this pregnancy is flying by at this point. It seems like another week has passed every 3 days.
- My hard working husband finished all the mulching on Sunday and it looks lovely out any window around here.
- John Patrick has his evaluation for kindergarten tomorrow and I had a good cry about it a few nights ago. I just keep asking God to take my fear away. He isn't actually leaving me forever... right? Don't answer that if you disagree.
- I think I said this last year but making dinner and watching my kids play in the sand box while listening to the Reds is one of my favorite times of the year.
8 comments:
I can't wait to hear every detail of kindergarten evaluation!
We knew Anella was going to enjoy being heard from the day she entertained all of us on Domino night!
I wish everyone could hear/see her singing Take Me Out to the Ballgame...enthusiasm makes up for gaps in wording!
What a nice catch-up! I love the thought of grabbing a 'snack' from the hide-out wall, even if it IS a snack of peas...
So sorry for your allergies - yesterday, when fronds of allergy powder were falling all around us, I thought very sympathetic thoughts toward all who are plagued by seasonal allergies. Who knew it would be you, too?
Dear friend who seems to be suffering with allergies as much as I,
You can whine with me. I won't judge.
Love, your friend who several times a day lays on her bed with a cold, wet washcloth over her eyes and is taking allergy pills and eyedrops and still feels like she's about to go insane because someone has dumped sandpaper grit right on her eyeballs
P.S. If you talk to others about this it may be whining, but if you talk to me then it's only commiserating
I think you should call it a "pea tee pee"
haha! your a goof.
Where is he going to school?I am wanting to start strawberries and blueberries this year. Any advice for a newbie?
You're not alone...my allergies is going nutso too! So awful!
I never have spring allergies, but this year I do. Huh. Maybe it's a pregnant thing that we feel so miserable this year? We could whine together.
Can't wait to see your garden overflowing! I love the tee pee!
Post a Comment