Last Saturday while at the Boone County Public Library my kids entered the children's section running. Now, usually they understand not to do that but we were at a new library and they were ecstatic. I was about to remind them of the library rules like usual when they started running and yelling, "look over here Buddy!!" and "Check this Dora!!" Well, we all know while they're in mid-yell usually won't stop a thing so I was waiting for them to take a breath so I could speak instead of yell when the library ladies started yelling. Not kidding. "Kids! No running! No running please. Kids! Kids!" I was slightly amused to be honest. Didn't they see me? Didn't they think I would ask them to stop? I just kind of stood there trying to hide my slight grin at the strange circumstances and wait for my kids to get over their excitement so I could remind them of the rules. The same thing happened a little later to another family except it was for a different offense and the dad had the funniest look on his face! He was shocked that the ladies didn't give him a chance and just stood with his hands folded staring at her back while she scolded his kids. And this was all 10 minutes after the doors opened. wow. Remind me not to visit that branch later in the day.
Then, today, at our local branch, Dora got her own library card. She was so excited she was giggling uncontrollably. :-) Which I thought was precious because she was sincere and not being disruptive. But the woman working at the desk said, "shhhhhhhhhh. You have to be quiet here." I'm not making a word of that up. I was really hoping she would hand her one of the lovely Teaching Children to Love Books bookmarks to commemorate our experience but no such luck.
**Also** I'm collecting sponsors for the New Hope Center's annual Walk for Life so if you would like to join the wonderful group of folks supporting a wonderful ministry please let me know and I'll contact you for the amount. Thanks!!
4 comments:
Btw, how does it the sponsorship work? However much per mile?
Because I'm interested, btw. :)
You need to move to a friendlier county....how about mine?!
Oh my. They'd hate to see us coming.
While I do try and help my little ones understand the general etiquette of libraries, I also give quite a bit of grace and understand that .. you know .. they're five, three and one and libraries are exciting to nerdy homeschool kids. Our librarians are so patient and sweet with them. They just smile and give me looks like, "Yeah .. we get it. Totally okay."
My Libby will be attending the walk with Donna (who we excitedly sponsored). We may drop in as well. :)
Post a Comment