Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ahhhhhhhhh, deep sigh of thankfulness


I don't think I've enjoyed the first warm day of a year any more than this year. Between cabin fever and morning sickness I have been longing for some outside time.

Sunday we went to the park, Monday we played outside all afternoon and Tuesday we totally threw all housework to the wind and stayed out again. I feel like a new woman.

Dora and I discovering the first crocus buds of the season. This was Monday, they are fully bloomed now.
Which made us look for buds of all sorts.
Buster was thrilled to play baseball with his old mom. I can't believe how close he is to catching me when I run the bases!
I'm loving shadows lately. The only problem is that the angle of the light makes him look to old. wait. it is the light right?
This is our new rhubarb plant. It curls up out of the ground like a fern. who knew? I get a kick out of this stuff.

We were hoping to find eggs in here but no luck. Buster was begging for me to put him up in a tree somewhere. The only ones he can climb himself are the neighbors pine trees. Can you say sticky? Not that it stops him.
And lastly, you know you're a redneck if.... you let your kids chase the ashes of the blazing Christmas tree. :-)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

You should hear my story about a blazing Christmas tree...only set a tree on fire if you know what you're doing.

the mama said...

I hope the weather is nice on Sat so we can look for spring here too!

Susan Holt Simpson said...

What a great day!

The rhubarb is really lovely like that...