Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm baaaa-aaaaaaaack!

John picked out and bought a camera for me last weekend!! It's WONDERFUL. I have a lot to
learn (not many automatic settings on this puppy) but it's so much fun!!
I'm so much more inspired to blog when I have a picture to go along.
Isn't this little guy adorable. I don't know what kind he is but he's my favorite. Often the Cardinals and Blue Jay's come flapping in and scaring this tiny pudge away but he always returns.


This wonderful book John bought me is about the size of Grudem's Theology but it's so well written. If you ever want a guide to digital photography I definitely recommend this man's books, David D. Busch. He is thorough without being over the top and adds his own comments and jokes along the way. It's been awhile since I've wanted to sit down at 10pm to start reading something that challenges my brain. :-)




John and I enjoying the fire while we take turns with the camera and interrupt each others reading with new shots.



The kids and I love watching the birds on our feeder at breakfast.






4 comments:

Kara said...

Wow- a new camera! I love the bird pictures. I don't think the sun ever shines here in Michigan anymore, so keep the nature shots coming for me. :)

Kimberly said...

Yay! New cameras are wonderful when YOU'RE the one taking the photos! You're really good, Kris!!! Be sure to post this comment. :)

Susan Holt Simpson said...

(the little one is a chickadee ... the other one is a 'tufted titmouse'. yes it is.)

The Talberts said...

What kind of camera did you get?