This was a fun and easy recipe to make with the kids. Since the egg whites get whipped before they are added, the end result is something like a bowl full of chocolaty clouds. You try just using one finger to lick a bowl full of that!(Word to the wise: if you don't believe as Julia Child and I do, that all germs die in a 350 degree oven, don't eat what we Livingston's bring to the pot-luck!)
It's a good thing the kids were napping for the glaze topping. It was a little messy.

The finished product was very yummy. Served with raspberry whipping cream, this one is definitely added to my keepers list of desserts!
Quote of that afternoon comes from Dora, sitting dangerously close to the finished cake while we wait for our small group bible study to arrive for the party she ALMOST sticks her finger in it because she couldn't take it for one more second. I yelled, "NO! Dora!" Her suggestion, "mommy, maybe I should sit somewhere where there's no chocolate."
:-)
It's a good thing the kids were napping for the glaze topping. It was a little messy.
The finished product was very yummy. Served with raspberry whipping cream, this one is definitely added to my keepers list of desserts!Quote of that afternoon comes from Dora, sitting dangerously close to the finished cake while we wait for our small group bible study to arrive for the party she ALMOST sticks her finger in it because she couldn't take it for one more second. I yelled, "NO! Dora!" Her suggestion, "mommy, maybe I should sit somewhere where there's no chocolate."
:-)
4 comments:
That looks fantastic! Are you keeping that recipe a secret, or what? Gimme, gimme, gimme!!
AWESOME!! She may be a lot like John but she is definetly your child when it comes to the love for chocolate! :)
Ha. That should be my personal life quote. It would probably keep me out of a lot of trouble.
And I'm totally with you and Julia. We firmly believe in taste testing around here. And that can get a little slimy with little helpers.
Merry Christmas, Krissy!
WOW! That is so beautiful!
I find that Dora and I have alot in common - that photo of her with her hand in her mouth, tasting yummy goodness - yes, that could be me. And the wisdom of youth! She's my hero for giving me my New Year's resolution: I'm going to sit in places where there's no chocolate! (For at least a month!)
Post a Comment