Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Rachael First

Some of your requests (Kate!) will take some time for me to have the guts to post so I will start with one that is easier.

Here are some pictures of our home for Rachael.
John and Jason did LOTS of hard work on it and I love love love it. Not just for the beautiful floors or lovely paint job but because it reminds me of how much my husband loves us and wants us to have a wonderful place to grow old together.

We still have lots we want to do (like curtains, a tile back drop in the kitchen...) but it's slowly getting there. :-)

(Above) Starting from the front door, here is the living room and what used to be a dining room that is just extra space for us.
(Above) As seen from the hutch.
This dark picutre is the extra space as seen from standing on the hearth. I would love to have a comfy sitting chair and side table and lamp for morning quiet times by the window with a cup of tea.... right now it is a great place for the kids to play while I'm in the kitchen. The bottom of the hutch holds toys. The top of the hutch hides something I will probably be posting soon...

The kitchen, where I spend lots of time and it's a great place to do that. I love the brightness from all the windows and the view from the sink (see below).
I'm working on something for that back wall behind the table, any suggestions? I want something homey and cheery but I haven't a clue what.


The girl's room. A little more pink than I was going for but I still love it. (take note of the small fuzzy black head in the bassinet)

I guess this isn't all of the rooms but ours is boring, JP's is blue with airplanes, the office is boring, and the basement and guest room you will see with Kim's request. So other than bathrooms, that's it. :-)

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

I know I told you this last time I was there, but I ADORE your kitchen. It's practically perfect. :)

crystal said...

Beautiful. I too was very familiar with the Richmond's so I am excited to see the changes. It is truly beautiful! Great job to you both:-) On the wall behind the table, a nice accent to dress up whatever you choose may be a saying from uppercaseliving.com. I just went to a UCL home party for the first time. They basically have beautiful sayings (including scripture) that you can use by themself or add dimension to a standard picture. If you visit the website, you can view their catalogue. Its relatively cheap, unique, and adds richness to a wall (in my opinion:-)

Kara said...

Wow, what a beautiful home you have! My kids would love to run laps in that place.

Kate said...

The fuzzy black head was the first thing I noticed in this picture!!
ps I think I fixed my comments problem, I was messing around with the settings the other day trying to allow annon. posts and I must have messed it up!

Rachael Neal said...

oh krissy - its beautiful! like i said in my request, the last time i was there was when the richardson's owned it. you've done a fantastic job! i love the floors too.

and an idea for the dining room...my girlfriends have all stumbled upon these scratch on stencils that contain christian sayings like "as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." they are done in a beautiful font and look professionally painted when finished. and from what i hear, very easy to do. the website is...i'll have to get back to you on that.

The Talberts said...

I can't get over your floors. And how perfectly girly your girls' room is.

krissy said...

Thank you all for your nice comments and great suggestions.