Saturday, November 22, 2008

For Kate Z.


My sister Kate requested a picture of the most organized and least organized spots in my house and then proceeded to patronize me about it. So, even though she doesn't deserve a reply, here it is anyway. You all will know me (and my husband) much better after this one. :-) The closets are the most telling. (I have to make myself feel a little better by saying this was taken last week and I cleaned it out this weekend.)


My closet with maternity and non maternity all lumped together, my wedding dress still dirty hanging smashed in the corner and sweaters thrown up top. Don't judge. ;-)

John's closet. If I opened the other side you would find t-shirts very close to color coordinated. We compliment one another well. :-)

And now for the ultimate in unorganized mess... I think John can hardly stand to open this...

The Hutch!!

It used to get cleaned out about twice a year but that hasn't happened in quite a while. The top and part of the second shelves hold serving dishes I don't use much and the rest is arts/crafts stuff and children's activity book stuff. (With a few cook books I don't use and should get rid of.) This makes the idea of me homeschooling a little... scary.

Bonus picture of Dora enjoying the warm sun in a favorite spot!

3 comments:

Rachael Neal said...

can i just say that i laughed out loud when i saw that hutch! that (very warmly) reminds me of my grandmother's hutch when she was alive. thanks for sharing!

Kate said...

Hehe I love it. It just makes me sickly happy that someone as clean as you has a messy area. I wouldnt mind having a hutch that looked like that if my floors and floorboards were as clean as yours!

running shoes said...

our closets could be twins! what is it with pilots and organization?

dora is hilarious.