Monday, August 4, 2008

For the Children's Sake

I have been thoroughly enjoying Pastor Brad's series on parenting. God started really getting through to me a couple of months ago that it is He alone who helps my kids choose to do right so it has been really special to me that He would send this series to confirm things right now. He's so good.
I've been convicted that I can not only try to find a formula for perfect parenting but for marriage, finances, ministry... the list goes on. I really like to think I deserve perfection and if everyone else could get out of the way I would be able to achieve it. Don't I sound like a peach to live with? So, God has been very gracious in slowly reminding me that his ways are better than mine even when they call for trials. It's good to know He is more committed to my well being than I am!!

I have also been reading a book that I'm enjoying called For the Children's Sake. It is primarily about our calling as educators, whatever form that takes, but I thought you all would like to read this quote. It fits with the idea that we can't strong arm our kids into trusting Christ. It's the power of his Word and the gospel. I haven't finished this book yet but so far I recommend it and it came to me by some great folks. :-) I'm incredibly slow at typing so click here , choose "Preview this book" in the top left and read pages 43 and 44. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: