Thanks to lots of tips from my mother-in-law and wonderful help from my husband I actually canned for the first time this year. I'm a little on the fence about whether or not it's worth the long process and heat but at least I've learned how.
John and I canned 14 pints of different types of tomatoes, 4 jars of salsa, 4 jars of pickled peppers and 4 jars of dill pickles. I still have lots of tomatoes (if anyone wants some) and I would like to make and freeze some marinara sauce. Key word here being "freeze". :-) 
Here's my poor boy who's eyes decided to swell up last night, conveniently 3 days before his long awaited and highly anticipated ring bearer duties. He's so excited to wear a tuxedo. I really hope the swelling goes down, poor guy.
5 comments:
I know it seems like I'm obsessed with your blog because I'm always commenting, but I don't care! I like looking at your kids. :) They make me feel squishy inside.
Anyway! I'm jealous of your newfound canning abilities!!! Is it really, really hard? It looks like it. You should do a post on how to can. I would be interested in reading that.
Actually, I found a blog that had step by step pictures. (have I mention what a visual learner I am?)Next time I'll do that. It may be a few weeks.
It's not hard as much as long. Like trying to convince yourself to do all the laundry when it's piled up over your ears. But this has tasier results!
I am wanting to make marinara sauce and freeze it too. Please post a recipe. Wow, canning! I would love to do that, I have just been freezing stuff.
awh buster! even if the swelling doesnt go down he will be BEYOND adorable! I am so excited to get new nieces and a nephew! yay!
Don't worry Lauren, the swelling is close to gone! :-) Yeah!!! It was some sort of infection from all the sickness he's been dealing with latly. Poor guy. Thank goodness for antibiotics!
And while we were there I had them chack Dora's ears because she's been pulling on them ever since she got pink eye and sure enough, ear infections. Sheesh. Hopefully all is on the mend.
Post a Comment