I've made lots of healthier things with my zucchini but this one was easy and I have the recipe saved so it's easy to cut and paste for you all. :-)
Zucchini Cakes:
- 2 1/2 cups of zucchini, grated
- 1 cup of bread crumbs, fine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons of margarine, melted (I'm not sure why this was needed, I'll probably leave it out of mine next time.)
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
Just mix it together and fry them up like a pancake. Yum! Any other Zucchini recipes are welcome.
6 comments:
Hello???? Make me some bread!!!!
That sounds so good! We have a neighbor who brings us zucchinis the size of our children and I'm never quite sure what to do with them. One family can only eat so much zucchini bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)
I too need to start looking for recipes for all of these veggies. I can't seem to stay on top of all of them either. I have been freezing green beans this week. I do something similar with zucchini, but slice it and dip the pieces in egg and milk and then in cornmeal and flour mixed with Italian seasonings and salt. Then fry. I am wanting to try a stuffed zucchini recipe, but haven't yet. I'll pass it along if I ever make it.
What is your email address? You can email it to me at ashleyjouk@yahoo.com. We are having a get together on the 23rd and I know Damian had mentioned to John about bringing your kids out sometime to go fishing.
Yum! I grew up with zucchini fried with Jiffy cornmix but this recipe sounds tantalizing. Even my picky 3 year old won't be able to pass this one up. Thanks for sharing!
Oh fun! The 23rd is Donnie's wedding but we would LOVE to come fishing sometime! My e-mail is kris@707.org. Thanks.
Post a Comment