This morning when John Patrick was sad to see daddy leave for his trip I explianed that it is very important for Daddy to go because he helps a lot of people to see their Grammy's and Papa's. Also, I said, when he takes them, they pay him money and then we can buy the food we eat. These were his responces:
John Patrick: "Oh... I didn't say thanks. I need to say thanks."
Mommy:"That would be nice, daddy has a very important job."
John Patrick: "Yeah, he is really a super hero."
Mommy (trying not to laugh): "Yep. What makes him like a super hero?"
JP: "Because you have to be born a super hero and because he works to take those people to see them guys, same as Bat Man and Super Man."
Who knows what this all means because I never really know what's going on in his head. This is really funny to me because he has only seen half of two Batman shows because they were WAY to violent and he ends up trying to Karate chop Dora. But, it's in a little boy to love a good super hero and I think Daddy would be a great one!!
2 comments:
That's really sweet.
I love hearing the stuff that little ones come up with - you can tell they're really mulling things over in their heads.
I love it! What a great job to think of as a superhero Dad. BTW, I hear what you are saying how kids can retain movies scarily well. Grant has only seen Spiderman while I was picking out frozen veggies in the Union Kroger. They a had the movie on at the end of the row in the picture department. That was months ago and he still tells me how Spiderman hit the scary guy. Thanks Kroger;-)
Post a Comment