It's actually been three months since we went to Florida but it was SOOOOOO much fun and too many great memories not to record it all. Our wonderful Noni invited the kids and I to join her in Florida. We have always had a wonderful time and this was definitely wonderful. (My older sister just told me she is aching to go to the beach so, Kara, if you're reading this it would just be cruel to do to yourself, stop now and plan a trip soon.)
One of the kids' very favorite things to do is treasure hunting. No leaf or flower, rock or bug should go unchecked. I really love this kind of thing too. My mom and dad were always pointing out strange bugs or neat branches on trees to us and it's something I really love about parenting. Being in awe of Gods infinite creativity in nature.
Walking down Noni and Papa's street
Does anyone remember the feeling of laying your head on the wet boards of a dock? What it smells like and looking through the boards at the water underneath. I'm sure it's from growing up going to my grandma's little cabin on Williamstown Lake. I just love that feeling. 

More investigating on the dock. The house sits right on a canal and some pretty interesting birds and boats and fishes can be seen passing by. I saw a dolphin once but the kids were too small to remember. They keep a close eye out for the next time though.
Lots and lots of coloring happened this week. We bought a large box of fresh crayons and new coloring books at Wally World when we got down there. We also accomplished three days of school until John called on the third morning and asked what we were doing. When I said school he told me to "stop it and go to the beach". What's home schooling all about if I can't decide to take spring break in February instead of April. Such a wise man.
No, I didn't let this precious, soft, chubby toddler get a sun burn a the beach. What kind of a mother would let that happen? :-/
I'm soo thankful John was able to join us for a three day weekend. Except after that the kids weren't very impressed with me pulling them around the pool by my foot. Daddys are so much more fun. 

















No comments:
Post a Comment