Friday, May 11, 2012

A few of my favorite things

  1. This table. Handed down to us by Grandma Dora. It's beautiful and old and has pressed leather seats and fits beautifully in our room that is supposed to have a table but never has. It's very nice to have a table for school that we can leave things out on while we eat lunch at the kitchen table.
  2. The rug. I have swooned over rugs just like this for years but I'm terrible (John would highly agree) at choosing from the millions out there and equally as bad at making big purchases. Even if we won the lottery I would still have a hard time spending more than 25 dollars on something outside of gas and groceries. BUT, John very nicely but firmly said, "please go buy a rug." So, I went and came home victorious.
  3. Peonies. Even though the kids popped off a third of the buds while playing box car children leaving a precious two thirds which tried to play a trick on me by budding early. I still managed to get a bouquet in three rooms of my house. I wish they bloomed all year.

No comments: