Eight years ago John and I said "I do" and without a doubt had no idea what we were committing to. :-)
I had no idea how much creativity and vision John is capable of and I'm sure he'll continue to amaze me. Like the way he is able to figure out most any task even if it's something he's never done before. I would wilt in a little pool of tears and confusion in half a minute.
Mostly, I'm thankful that he guides our family in the most simple things. Recently he was encouraging a friend (who had just had his first baby) that the most important thing a dad can do is to lead in faith and repentance. It's such a simple thing that the rest of us in this house need more than anything.
Eight years ago I didn't know the four children God would give us or what a wonderful feeling it is to lock eyes with him when we're laughing at something cute they're saying or a new trick they've learned.
I'm not the most amazing wife their ever was, but I'm thankful for him and I know we're a team.
Happy Anniversary Honey!
(And Happy Anniversary to Brian and Kay our honeymoon buddies. One day when we're all done having babies we'll make it back to Mexico and re-live the glory days together!)
2 comments:
Great post! :) And I love that photograph...it's as beautiful as your marriage is.
Thanks, Happy 8 years to you too! Hope it was a good one. We're done having kids...so it's really up to you guys ;0)
Post a Comment