Wednesday, August 17, 2011

wedding plans

That's right, we're already planning a wedding around here.

Anella's.

It all started today at nap time when my plans of all the things I was going to get started on were quickly set aside because Anella wanted to talk about her wedding day. :-)

It was so cute. I think they (meaning Dora and whoever will act it out with her) play wedding every now and then. But, Anella was thinking things through on her own this time.

Starting at the top:

"I'm going to have a wedding."

"You are?"

"Yes, and I'm going to wear a blue dress."

"ooo. pretty."

"And shoes."

"nice."

"And there will be pup cakes and candy and ice cream and.... stuff like that."

"Sounds yummy. who are you marrying?"

"My brother."

"perfect."

"And then all the girls will dance."

"Will you dance?"

"Yes. And you can too."

"thank you."

"And daddy."

"fat chance."

(Fine, I didn't say that. I'm sure the next time he dances will be at one of their weddings.)

Anyway, it's kind of hard to articulate how sweet her little face was all sleepy and thinking about it all. I just kissed her a million times and said our usual, "happy nappy" and let her fall asleep dreaming about it.

ha. yeah right. I had to go back in 2 times and instruct her about staying in bed.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

I LOVE IT!! And miss those kids! Need to catch up soon!

Geeg said...

What a wonderful story!!! Nells is getting married. Just adorable. And JP and Dorry taking walkie-talkies...how great is that to even want to 'just try' so sweet.

the mama said...

Love my Nellie Kay stories!

Kay said...

Haha, too funny! I love it!