Friday, August 5, 2011

Not something I hear every day.

Those of us with multiple young children piled (and falling out of) the grocery cart are used to hearing the regular, "Got your hands full there!" or "Plenty of helpers with you!". But at Sam's this week I heard one that will go down in history as the strangest thing you could say to a mom.
The man who was selling some type of cleaner saw my precious herd piled into the cart and said, no lie, "Wow! You ain't never gonna get yo' self jumped."
me, confused- "what?"
he repeats himself.
me, trying to laugh with him and not at him, (I'll just be honest) "I guess I've never thought of it that way."
Then he proceeds to say, "Come to think of it... you're just the person who would need this product!"
me, walking away still trying to figure out what being jumped means and if I should be concerned, "no.... thanks."
I've been trying not to say "What the?" because the kids started saying it and it's one of those things I never thought was all that bad until I heard Anella say it. But, I think I probably said a very loud "What the....." as I walked away.

On a more exciting note, we'll be having another wedding around here soon!! Yeah for Uncle Jason and soon to be Aunt Katie!

2 comments:

Lee and Candace said...

Wow...yea, I think I would have been like, "what?" too! Your kids are too CUTE!

Kimberly said...

You know, I never (personally) thought that having two kids was a lot of kids. While it probably depends on the type of kids you have (like reflux kids or something) I just never thought it was a lot. But, I'm really surprised at how frequently I hear the same thing! Isn't that strange? Maybe because they seem close in age to some people...? I truthfully have yet to figure this one out. They're both boys...? I don't know. I hear it a lot, too.