Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First grade and many other things





This is an incredibly haphazard post but here goes...



The Hendrix family reunion 2011~ Dana, Indiana. :-)






It's picture time again. The summer heat is letting up which makes for a better time taking outdoor shots. Although you wouldn't have known it on the day this picture was taken. The boys did great in the heat. How cute are these four?





Does anyone else remember this girl 4 years old and telling us all what the correct doctrinal terms were in Sunday school? :-)




She's considering medical school this fall!!







Compared to last year, the first day of first grade was a total piece of cake. John Patrick was excited to be a big kid and stay for lunch. I don't think he had thought much past lunch though. :-) We've all learned a lot in the last year and although we're still exhausted, I'm hopeful. Things seem like a smoother transition this time.



Here, Aunt Kuk, is the picture you wanted me to try. She really just wanted to keep kissing the baby.





It never ceases to amaze me how many people think flying is a good reason to wear everything from spandex to stilettos. And sometimes both at the same time. I'll admit I walk through the airport with my mouth open like a cod fish. (name that movie?)




Then there's this girl... What uuuuuup mommy!



Who lets their daughter out with ruffles on her tushy anyway!?






6 comments:

Susan Holt Simpson said...

I love your version of haphazardness!
- What a cute shot of JP in his tiny uniform! Tiny uniforms on tiny boys - the cutest.
- The mirror photos are a GREAT idea! Especially with the blue sky in the background.
- Was it Captain Hook with the codfish thing?
- Your boy is brimming with pride and pleasure in that last shot of him with his dad - so sweet!

the mama said...

Oh so sweet photos. Please do haphazard as often as possible!

Lauren Glenn said...

I love that you can totally tell that Buster is thinking "Oh geez...another picture,come on mom" in a *very* exasperated yet secretly excited tone :-) Love him and his tiny little tie!

krissy said...

great description Lauren! that's pretty much how I would have described it too.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Is summer over already? I'm going to have to bring JP's Nerf gun over soon. :)

the ashley family said...

Your kids are. so. cute. I mean come on. Look at their momma.