Wednesday, June 23, 2010

suggestions?

I think I might purchase a pregnancy brace/wrap thing. Obviously I don't even know what they're called. I think my lower right abdominal muscles will thank me.
Have any of you ever used one of these? Anything good or bad to report?
I can just see this being one of those things where you could spend tons of money and get something good or go cheap and end up with a limp rubber band. I'm looking for something in between I think. I don't have major issues but I can tell some muscle is a little.... tired of being pregnant more often than not in the last 6 years. :-)

4 comments:

The House of Schwartz said...

After i had Anna turned at 37 weeks the Doc gave me a large elastic velcro waistband thing. I loved it. I thought every pregnant lady should have one. I would say it was about 8-10 inches tall with a velcro closure that allowed you to adjust it to whatever tightness you like. Since it was given by the Doc i have no idea how much something like this would cost. i think Kerry G. got one with Lyla. Check with her.

Kimberly said...

You could also check the Babies R Us website for reviews on those things too. That might help guide you a little. I know that this pregnancy is WAY differen than my first. I can remember thinking with Clay, "What in the world? People just want to make money on everything." I didn't understand it. Maybe it's because I'm 32 as well, but this pregnancy I'm like, "Whoa! Now, i get it!" Let me knwo what you end up doing...or buying...I've already been thinking about them and wondering.

Kara said...

I don't know how I missed this post!
I carry extremely low and am always miserable the last couple months of pregnancy. I have never used one, a physical therapist friend said I should try one out. I saw Target had some sort of supports, but I don't remember how much they were. Boy, I haven't been very helpful at all. I just like to read that other people are going through what I go through!

Carrie S said...

I used a support like this with a few pregnancies. I don't have it anymore, however; I loaned it out and never got it back. I would go for a wider than narrower one, but beware that they can also be hot in the summer so I'd use them more in air conditioning. It did give enough extra support to be worth the expense. Sometimes they have used ones at Once Upon a Child or Hand Me Downs, too.