Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good for your hips


I haven't made this yet but I saw it on a Hawaiian cooking show and my mouth watered. I can't wait to beg my father-in-law to bring me some fresh Hawaiian macadamia nuts to try this one out!!! Let me know if you try it before I do.
Can you tell I've almost entered the third trimester? I can. I have to force myself not to bake every day. ugh, self control, you are not my friend. But, for those of you not 6 months pregnant who may have an ounce of ability to not eat 8 cookies at a time~ stay tuned for more baking recipes for the next 3 months! Make them and enjoy one at a time.


Macadamia Nut Shortbread
Makes16 wedges
· 6 oz salted dry-roasted macadamia nuts (1 1/2 cups)
· 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped
· Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
· Toast nuts in a 4-sided sheet pan in oven until golden, 8 to 10 minutes, then cool and coarsely chop. Leave oven on.
· Stir together butter, sugars, vanilla, and salt in a bowl with a rubber spatula until combined well. Stir in flour, nuts, and chocolate until a soft dough forms.
· With floured fingers, pat dough into a 10-inch round (about 1/2 inch thick) on a baking sheet. Score into 16 wedges with tip of a knife. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
· Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes, then cut into wedges (while still warm) with a sharp knife. Transfer to a rack to cool completely, about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so glad we've became friends. I'll be here every day looking for sweet treat recipes. I was a bake-a-holic my last 2 pregnancies, but haven't been tooooo bad this time. :)

krissy said...

I've seen your pictures Kara, you can't have been that bad. You look great!