Monday, February 15, 2010

just thoughts


  • I think it's funny that John Patrick and Dora play "brother and sister" where he is usually quite nice and helpful and she does most of what he says. weird.

  • My roses are more beautiful than ever.

  • John Patrick calls fingers "hangers" even though he knows what they are.

  • speaking of fingers- Anella has an issue with her right index finger and I have no idea what is the problem. Multiple times per day she points to it and tells me a long story with a concerned look on her face. I see nothing.

  • My mother-in-law said they have around 45-50 inches of snow on the ground in Iowa-so no whining about ours!

  • I found the most wonderful Italian recipe last weekend that I will post soon. You'll think you're in a restaurant and it's so easy.

  • I had one of those "OH! I get it!" moments last week as I cried out to the Lord for parenting help. I just kept saying, "I just can't seem to make myself do all the things I should." Then, light bulb.... oooooooh. I really can't do things in my own strength. I have nothing good to bring. Just like the thief he saved on the cross who hung next to him- I bring nothing. HE forgives, HE gives life, HE gives strength and the ability to do all things. aaahhhh-deep breath-sigh of relief. I'm not instantly satisfied with my daily habits but I have peace knowing he died for me and is more committed to my sanctification than I am. That helps motivate me to obedience. He doesn't love me any more with my accomplishments or frown any more with my faults. No guilt trips, no impatience, just love and truth as he brings the trials.


And what's a blog post without a picture? So I went back as far as we had digital photos and found this one of me and Sarah Grace B. What a cutie!!!

1 comment:

Kentucky Kate said...

Hi Kris - I was looking for your e-mail address and realized the one I have is still the 707 one. Do you still use that one? Hope you are having a good week and aren't snowed in :) Don't forget to send me your weight for this week and last week so I can send out the percentages. I finally lost a pound this week, so I'm relieved :)